Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JT5282

Tica Striper LE200 the levelwind won't work-"Removed the sellers name=Resolving issue

16 posts in this topic

"I removed the sellers name, he offered to resolve this tomorrow"

I got it in the mail today and it was perfect looking!

I took it out for a practice cast and the first cast I made with a Bomber Long A the level wind quit half way through that 1st cast???

I don't know much about conventional reels. Is this something common and something I can fix myself?

Thanks and I hope it's just something I can fix???

Chuck

I'm new here and i'll look the site over for the proper forum.

Thanks,

Chuck

View PostMove your post to the right forum and I'm sure someone will help you there.

I was just looking for the quickest cure for the problem. That's why I asked about if I could fix it myself, instead of saying anything negative about the seller.

View PostFirst thing you should do is contact the seller. Try to work it out with him before you start posting about it. Could be he didn't know about the problem.

Chances are the levelwind pawl is worn or the cap that holds it in is loose

Shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 dollars to replace it

That appears to be true, it looks unused-other than not working.

I just removed the levelwind cap and when I turn the handle, the wormshaft does not move. It just makes an odd clicking sound, as the spool turns. I took the pawl out and reset it in place, but still nothing.

When I made the cast, that's what I heard that let me know something was wrong-it started making that metalic clicking and when I started reeling back in, I saw that the levelwind was not moving.

Any further thoughts?

View PostChances are the levelwind pawl is worn or the cap that holds it in is loose

Shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 dollars to replace it

I am just not posting his and my conversations. He said if I mail it back and pay for insurance [he didn't] and if he thinks the reel is in the condition he mailed it to me in [it's not according to him, he said he had not had a problem with the levelwind] so it coincidentally broke on my 1st cast. Then he will do a refund.

Of course, I have already trusted him once and got a broken reel. Now, i'm supposed to pay to ship it back insured mail and then he will have the reel and my $ and I will have paid for the shipping & ins too and "MAYBE" get a refund of the original purchase price? Or maybe not???

Getting a broken reel in a purchase, is kind of upsetting.

I'm trying to get advice on repairing it myself and limiting what all I say about the seller.

I don't know what I should do? Just take the loss and shut up about it? beatin.gif

I will if that's what is expected.

I'm not a trouble maker. I'm a 61 year old fisherman who got a bad deal.

Thanks,

Chuck

View PostYes,PM the seller.Stop putting this stuff in a public forum.Thanks.

Since you already check the pawl and it was okay?? the next thing to check is the cog gear at the end of the spool(cog gear attaches to spool, spool spins thereby turning cog gear which turns levelwind gear which turn worm gear which catches the pawl moving the levelwind back and forth). If it still has teeth then the levelwind should work. The gear at the end of the levelwind is metal while the cog gear is plastic so I would assume the levelwind gear is okay and the cog gear is the culprit since you said you already check the pawl.

Edit: BTW, this is the wrong forum to post this. Next time, either post it in the BST discussions forum or gear maintenance forum since you seem to want to fix it yourself.

Hi JT5282, no one on this site would like to see something like this happen to anyone all were trying to tell you is to place it in the BST Discussions and Questions Forum. That's the proper place to put something of this nature. I'm sure you will get the proper advise and tips there not in the forum were you purchased the item. Hope this helps, Dan.

I am going to remove his name from the posting and I will learn to post in the correct forums as quickly as I can.

Thank you,

Chuck

View PostHi JT5282, no one on this site would like to see something like this happen to anyone all were trying to tell you is to place it in the BST Discussions and Questions Forum. That's the proper place to put something of this nature. I'm sure you will get the proper advise and tips there not in the forum were you purchased the item. Hope this helps, Dan.

I have a number of Ambassadeur levelwind reels, but never had one break and therefore, never tried a repair.

The seller has agreed to let me have it fixed at my local tackle shop tomorrow.

Thanks for your efforts!

Chuck

View PostSince you already check the pawl and it was okay?? the next thing to check is the cog gear at the end of the spool(cog gear attaches to spool, spool spins thereby turning cog gear which turns levelwind gear which turn worm gear which catches the pawl moving the levelwind back and forth). If it still has teeth then the levelwind should work. The gear at the end of the levelwind is metal while the cog gear is plastic so I would assume the levelwind gear is okay and the cog gear is the culprit since you said you already check the pawl.

Edit: BTW, this is the wrong forum to post this. Next time, either post it in the BST discussions forum or gear maintenance forum since you seem to want to fix it yourself.

I'm glad to hear this was rectified. It's not a difficult repair, getting the parts is sometimes the hardest part.

TimS