Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripedbassjeff

How do you troll Quincy bay and Boston islands?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I just got a small boat this year to fish the inner bays. I can't figure it out. I have read many books and articles,and it just seams that something is allways preventing me from catching fish. I met one guy who gave me a good waypoint to follow got me couple fish. He said line yourself up between the rock pile off houghs neck line it with the radio tower near wallaston beach and it will bring you along the outside of the sand bar. Use a weightless tube and worm. I'am looking for a few more productive waypoints,and if someone could teach me on there boat I would by fuel and beers. I'am 32mwm I fish very well in fresh for almost every species I love using lures and want to know how and were to troll with them in my home area. Capecod I do ok.

WOW...that spot is toast! I don't think I'd be asking for specifics like that....Like you I am new here and the most imprtant thing I have picked up on here is not to give up spots. You may as well have given GPS coordinates to that guys spot. He has obviously done the scouting and recon, you should do the same. With the correct electronics in BH, it's not hard to find structure that is holding fish. I have only fished it 3 times in the last 2 yrs and have done very well. Do some homework, read some charts, pay attention to your electronics, but most importantly, put in your time. You can't catch fish on your couch and asking someone to give up their spot is just wrong. If you find someone gracious enough to help you out...don't broadcast it to everyone in the world...that's the quickest way to become "that guy" no one wants to help out, or "that guy" with the big mouth. Just keep at it, you'll either figure out a pattern that works for you or you'll become a member of the "even a blind squirrell gets a nut every once in a while club"!

Most important...DO NOT GIVE OUT SPOTS THAT ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE!!!!!!!!!!

I would'nt worry to much about spot burning that spot ! It's like the South East Expressway out there , in the chanel that the commuter ferry boats run to Boston ..... watch you gear in a turn highfive.gif

The spot may be well known. It's the point. Would you want to offer a guy some info, then have him go blab it to anyone that will isten. I spend ALOT of time and effort to catch the fish that I am fortunate enough to get. I have given info and been burned, just last week, I told a neighbor of my dad's the location I was fishing (and having very good luck), next thing I know, he's up my ass trolling through my drift. Some people don't respect the info they're given!

View PostThe spot may be well known. It's the point. Would you want to offer a guy some info, then have him go blab it to anyone that will isten. I spend ALOT of time and effort to catch the fish that I am fortunate enough to get. I have given info and been burned, just last week, I told a neighbor of my dad's the location I was fishing (and having very good luck), next thing I know, he's up my ass trolling through my drift. Some people don't respect the info they're given!

your point is ? you talk to strangers , Your mom doesn't like that . I don't get worked up over this topic cause I wouldn't give any advice to anybody ,They might actualy know more about it and then I would have embarassed myself trying to put myself over for no reason .

fisherman fish and talkers talk about it . HMMMMm...

Should have been less specific. But, when I want to learn something I just get carried away when I write! I'am sure i'll learn after a few seasons. I hate to be that guy. I just forget what I type the whole world can see. I never had a problum given out info in other spots in fresh water but everyfisherman knows. He won't give you the most important info of his spot anyway.