Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phillyirish

Advice Request - RI Surf Fishing - Staying in Charlestown

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Will be vacationing in South County for a week, staying in Charlestown, arriving this Saturday, the 25th. Asking the RI forum for about surf fishing the RI southern coast. I've fished beach and jetties in NJ and DE but no further north. Have read about the breachways (Charlestown, Quonochontaug, others?) and a stretch of beach called Deep Hole. Any help appreciated regarding - other locations, lures, bait, what's in the water, etc. It seems that there's lots of structure (rocks!) that one must work around, and lures and rigs snag easily.

I have a few lures... Hopkins, Kastmasters, and bucktails, but would be interested in trying some, especially surface plugs, that one can recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Any and all help appreciated.

Plenty of sandeels around ... Point jude makes a tin looks like it would work

Topwater:

Afterhours pencils can be had in local tackle shops in the area I would think ,

I don;t usually shop SoCo for gear but I'm sure you can find what you need in that area .

Talk to the tackle gods they will point you in the right direction as to "where"

to fish .

Watch hill outfitters , weekapaug B&T , I think the bait shop on RT 1 &216 is open not sure how geared up they are but worth a looksy , also there is Breachway tackle on the way into C-town Breachway.

G/L .

it could be time for a get togetherbiggrin.gif some dropkick murphys phillysteak sandwiches...biggrin.gif afterhours pt jude and habs are all rhode island plug co. you'll see there stuff in the shops...bring a peice of rhody back with yabiggrin.gif

^^ Eddie's pencils work good too . I had one swipe at it about 10ft away from me , scared the living hell outta me . biggrin.gif

Broke off the white pencil frown.gif ,,,birdsnest ... pop /splash waaah.gif

A few casts later with a spoon ....

Got it back biggrin.gif

Plz stop with the cheese steak references , Your making me hungry

and I just ate . beers.gifcwm27.gif