Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sugar hook

CT Beaches

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any tips for fishing this particular strip of beach? Don't like to fish w/ live bait. Any advice on lures/tides/structures would be very helpful. I basically live on walnut beach so access is not a problem. I'm just trying to figure out how to make the beach produce as well as the ***other beach*** down the road.

sugar hook - please read this: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=529878

You see, the thing is, there's no need to mention a particular beach, we're all fishing for the same bass, they do the same things, respond to the same conditions - the knowledge and information we use to catch them applies everywhere.

You said access isn't an issue for you - imagine how fast that could change, along with the enjoyability of fishing that spot, after 20,000 people just saw it posted on the biggest, most trafficked, and heavily-view and indexed fishing site in the world.

HappyWave.gif

I know one guy who had a great night catching 40"+ bass in a relatively small spot, posted it on another CT website (that used to be free, now charges). He went again a few nights later, full of chunkers. He couldn't even throw a lure into that mess.

That reply above was pretty accurate for the most part. Stripers act the same in the same locations, conditions, and bait presence, unless they're in a different mood, which happens everywhere. Describing the physical characteristics of the location without naming it would get you some answers without having others crowd you out of your spot.

i use google earth to find spots. i live in west haven and over the last few years its become a zoo with ppl coming in van loads from other towns keeping under size fish and over the limit. Its sad but even 3 4 in the morning i cant get in most of my spots because their filled. I was hoping the salt water licence would put a end to it but havent seen a single DEP yet.

Not that nobody wants to help but part of the work and fun is finding spots. When you find these you then need to learn what tides to fish, what time of the year, etc..To just divulge this is info is unfair to the guy who puts in that time. There is some public info by the state as referenced to get you started, go at it and have a good time.

View Posti use google earth to find spots. i live in west haven and over the last few years its become a zoo with ppl coming in van loads from other towns keeping under size fish and over the limit. Its sad but even 3 4 in the morning i cant get in most of my spots because their filled. I was hoping the salt water licence would put a end to it but havent seen a single DEP yet.

Thats why i bought a boat it's not worth it to fight for spots anymore.Thought i was going to have a stroke last season over spot burns

View Posti use google earth to find spots. i live in west haven and over the last few years its become a zoo with ppl coming in van loads from other towns keeping under size fish and over the limit. Its sad but even 3 4 in the morning i cant get in most of my spots because their filled. I was hoping the salt water licence would put a end to it but havent seen a single DEP yet.

I'm confident you'll get to meet DEP Officer Hey before much longer.

i hope so. you know i cant do much more then speak up when i see people keeping more then theyre limit or undersize fish. most the time they curse me out or ignore me or i get the " no english" response