Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B8Kastr

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I don't know how they compare but I happen to have a (1) old Allstar 1418 blank. smile.gif being that its a two piece blank , it can be shipped anywhere. Send a PM if interested

Grumpys in Seaside HAD some! We have two allstar 1418's I've built I love em have thrown up to 8oz on them. Just re-built mine was fading and had a couple moisture spots

My understanding is it's the exact same blank as the originial. It's not an SUR1418, it's an SU1418. They were going to bring the 1509 back out as well, but I think they cancelled that.

View PostMy understanding is it's the exact same blank as the originial. It's not an SUR1418, it's an SU1418. They were going to bring the 1509 back out as well, but I think they cancelled that.

They were trying to re-engineer the 1509 to a 60/40 or 50/50 spilt. I havent heard if they were successful or not, and they were only going to do it if they could keep the action on teh rod the same. But yes teh 1418 is supposed to be the original taper. I exchanged several emails with Karry Batson over these 2 blanks, and that was what my understanding was on them.