Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pierfisherman

Fav band(or solo artist)

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

Well(rap nor metal count, it has to be a respectful band).

I would say Eric Clapton Followed by the Doobie Brothers and Steve Winwood. At least the Doobie Brothers ticks are cheap.

View PostBlack Sabbath, I guess that is border line.

its kinda before metal was a catagory. if you think thats metal im scared to find out what you would call the actual metal i listen to??.. wink.gif

If I can only pick 1 band........................hands down.......

THE ALLMAN BROS. BAND

Solo artist......(which most have a band)

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Well since any band that I listen to is not respectable according to you and your elevator music...I'll go with a solo artist-

Hendrix.......F Clapton!

Though I'm a recent convert, there are respectable metal bands. Meshuggah is one. Excellent musicianship and very innovative.

If not them, then The Clash.

John Coltrane quartet, too..

New York Philharmonic is quite good as well.wink.gif

View PostWell since any band that I listen to is not respectable according to you and your elevator music...I'll go with a solo artist-

Hendrix.......F Clapton!

I am not going to play a game with you. I do not care if you don't like Clapton, but if you don't like him you should not hate on him.

I will say one thing though. As many know Jimi Hendrix was left handed, and since back then there was no internet you could not just search "left handed Stratocaster" you had to get lucky and find one in a guitar shop. So he played a right handed guitar upside down. Well on September 18th 1970 Eric Clapton walked in to a guitar shop and saw something he had never seen before, a left handed Fender Stratocaster and of course it was Jimi's(and Clapton's) favorite guitar so he bought it for his friend Jimi as a gift intending to give it to him at a concert that night where they would both be. So Eric went to the concert and never spoke to Hendrix while there because he was sitting on the other side of the show hall, and they waved at each other from their boxes. The next morning Eric Clapton was awoken vary early to find out Jimi Hendrix was dead.