cwbix1

Rockport, Mass

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for spots in Rockport that would be a big enough beach to fly fish for me, and a decent beach for the wife and mother in law to hang out on for the day. Perhaps close to downtown. It seems the beaches are small up there, so this may not exist. I have never been up 128 past the Gloucester circle, so I have no idea what is up there. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Try Good Harbor Beach in gloucester - fish the end of the beach accross from Amelias restaurant, there is a small island which creates a channel and is a good striper and blues spot.

next to Good harbor, going towards Rockport on 1A is long beach. This is a great beach and your wife should love it as much as mine does. Two areas on long beach to fish. try the rocks on either end. Lots of schoolies, and if you can cast out beyond the rocks wading, skin divers report large stripers hanging there, but if you cant reach it, still schoolie action. Bottom is covered with old line, so be aware of that. Long beach is on the Rockport/Glousester line. Go to the rockport end of long beach where there is a small marsh stream emptying into the salt along the rocks. Blues and stripers hang there looking for baitfish.

Cross the foot bridge at the rockport end of long Beach. that next beach is "pebble beach" very good structure, lots of beach stones and a great place to fly fish the surf.

Beach crowds may be problematic for back casts etc. so you might want to fish early morning and evening to avoid the crowds.

If you have any questions let me know.

tight lines -Neil Green