Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jon moore

penn sargus 6000

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

how do I stop the reel from clicking on the retrieve? It was always silent until yesterday, when a fish jerked it out of the rod holder and dragged it across the sand and into the surf!! Not my smartest moment as a fisherman!!!! thanks, Jon

View Posthow do I stop the reel from clicking on the retrieve? It was always silent until yesterday, when a fish jerked it out of the rod holder and dragged it across the sand and into the surf!! Not my smartest moment as a fisherman!!!! thanks, Jon

You probably have sand under the rotor. The only way to get it all out is to partially disassemble the reel---and I have no idea what's involved in doing that with a Sargus.

Your best bet is to take it to a Penn warranty/service center.

I actually work where we sold some sargus combos, and the other day a guy came up to me and said this is clicking why? Brand new reel click when retrieved moderately to slow not when fast. If you opened the bail and then tripped it it would be ok for a few turns. Anyway I hope it's just sand and that it's little trip it took didn't set off a problem waiting to happen. Anyway good luck.

View PostIf you have taken reels apart before shouldnt be very hard to take apart and clean and lube. Penn reels are pretty basic not to many parts.

But I believe that the Sargus is a rebadged Pflueger, if I remember correctly headscratch.gif