Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe G

Anyone know.....

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why a certain area of the Canal has dry dead grass, bushes and low shrubs.....specifically, starting at the U.S.S. Trout submariners monument and eastward for about 75 yards?

The above area appears to have been purposely 100% defoliated along said lenght, and from the service road right up to the parking lot rail.

I'm led to believe this was not a natural event because of the manner in which the area markedly differs from the healthy area, and the completeness of the defoliated area.....all brown, dead brush,shrub and grass.

Could be the Corps is experimenting with different methods of removing grass/bushes/shrubs but it appears this is strong stuff, so I'm thinking the Corps would not be that foolish to use it along a public way.

Have any of you folks notice this? Can anyone offer an explaination?

Joe,

After I bumped into you in Boozards Bay, I drove to check out the site. It was as you described. So I went across the canal, and it even looks more ominous and defined.cwm13.gif So, I contacted the C of E, voicing my concern. They told me they were familiar with the location/situation, and gave me a rather suspicious "no comment", and left it at that.

Not to be denied, I contacted my "Deep Throat" source on the BPD. I was told that, and it must be kept in the utmost confidence, that the dead grass, and patches of round dead grass circles you and I both saw have recently been secretly investigated, and it appears they are some sort of "crop circle" activitiy. cwm13.gif The area in question is directly viewed on the C of E's closed cuircut camera system, and nobody was seen cutting or spraying anything prior to, or during their mysterious appearance.

When I get more, I'll update.cwm13.gif

View PostJoe,

After I bumped into you in Boozards Bay, I drove to check out the site. It was as you described. So I went across the canal, and it even looks more ominous and defined.cwm13.gif So, I contacted the C of E, voicing my concern. They told me they were familiar with the location/situation, and gave me a rather suspicious "no comment", and left it at that.

Not to be denied, I contacted my "Deep Throat" source on the BPD. I was told that, and it must be kept in the utmost confidence, that the dead grass, and patches of round dead grass circles you and I both saw have recently been secretly investigated, and it appears they are some sort of "crop circle" activitiy. cwm13.gif The area in question is directly viewed on the C of E's closed cuircut camera system, and nobody was seen cutting or spraying anything prior to, or during their mysterious appearance.

Could this be related to the sightings of lights seen over the canal a few weeks back. Perhaps this easpot was used as a staging area? Landing and take off.

View PostJoe,

Bob...thank you for the validation and update.

This AM I biked past the area in question and discovered something odd had occured over the past 24 hours. Parts of the area that were 100% defoliated yesterday had shown signs of regrowth. Not a great amount of new growth but enough to be noticed by someone with an eye for detail.

Yes, many of the spots were clearly circular. That in itself must give one pause to speculate....who or what caused this thing.

It bothers me that the authorities are mum on this subject...that in its self is extremely disturbing and upsetting. To think that this towns citizenry is treated as schoolchildren and not told the facts is beyond belief.

Thanks for looking into this Bob, and hopefully after you speak to those in higher authority this will all make sense. If this is indeed "crop circle" activity the sooner it is made public the better. If such be the case, maybe those new evacuation route signs will finally be put to good use.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Joe,

I don't much about crop circles and such. But what I do know is, these types of occurances tend to take place near military sites, or other precieved land marks. As you so aptly mentioned, the monument for the USS Trout is only a few short feet away, and Pave Paws is under a mile away directly across the canal.

Just a sidenote, my source told me that car GPS units have been malfunctioning in the parking lot of the Herring Run visitor's center recently. Usually after these sort of events, there are short term interference patterns in the magnetic fields surrounding the location where "the event" occured.cwm13.gif

Here's a thoughtcwm40.gif .I wonder if boat navigation systems have been disrupted on the boats transiting the canal in that area?

View PostJoe,

I don't much about crop circles and such. But what I do know is, these types of occurances tend to take place near military sites, or other precieved land marks. As you so aptly mentioned, the monument for the USS Trout is only a few short feet away, and Pave Paws is under a mile away directly across the canal.

Just a sidenote, my source told me that car GPS units have been malfunctioning in the parking lot of the Herring Run visitor's center recently. Usually after these sort of events, there are short term interference patterns in the magnetic fields surrounding the location where "the event" occured.cwm13.gif

Here's a thoughtcwm40.gif .I wonder if boat navigation systems have been disrupted on the boats transiting the canal in that area?

Me thinks you two guys have been probed by the aliens!