Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SchlepRock

Sat. morning

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Times were so much simpler when I was a young'in. I remember waking up before the parents, sneaking downstairs and watching the classic Saturday morning cartoons. Another thread reminded me of one of my favorites that I have not seen since those days long ago.

"Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is"

Death Valley Days on the radio - good stuff icon14.gif

I think the whole lot of you younger generations would have been far better off without the television.

My sister and I would go downstairs and watch Felix the cat and Dick Tracy. She would make us tea and toast while we watched tv. Those are some of my best memories as a kid! When she left home, I was 8 and couldn't understand where she was. Saturday's were never the same...

Tight Lines,

DonW

i remember playing ball every weekend then hanging out in the woods starting fires or trying to catch critters. we didnt have a color tv til like 85

View Postno electricity in Apalachia, huh?

was breakfast Mt. Dew and Captain Crunch?

I grew up in Bridgeport, yeah we had electricity - maybe you just had to stay in because kids like you would get your ass whooped in my hood.

I don't think they had Mt. Dew back then, but they did have cap'n crunch and I liked it.But Saturday we would get a hot breakfast like eggs and spam.drool.gif

Now, ya see, I had brothers and sisters who were straight and we actually liked each other.

And I had friends.

So it's probably hard for you to understand, like comparing melons and gourds. tongue.gif

zing