Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waist Deep

Are you ok with the 5.4% Surtax on the rich?

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

Do you really think people who make over 1 million a year aren't going to be able to hire lawyers and accountants to make it look like they DON'T make that much each year, on paper of course. They will dodge this tax like any other. Don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves. This is just more candy, flowers and promises they don't intend to keep for the base.

"Look, we do mean things to rich people! Hate the rich! Love us! Vote for us!" Blah, blah, blah. Same game, new players.

In 1913, something called Income tax was created for the same reason. It was pushed through to 'soak ' the rich. I think it was pushed in the middle of the night, on christmas i believe .

Look who pays the bulk now.

Lots of things are being pushed now. Carbon credits are made up worthless things that will soon be worth $$$, so long as the bill is passed. 'Global' warming has made it into our daily vocabulary, now you know why.

View PostDo you really think people who make over 1 million a year aren't going to be able to hire lawyers and accountants to make it look like they DON'T make that much each year, on paper of course. They will dodge this tax like any other. Don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves. This is just more candy, flowers and promises they don't intend to keep for the base.

"Look, we do mean things to rich people! Hate the rich! Love us! Vote for us!" Blah, blah, blah. Same game, new players.

I think it sucks and the tax doesn't start at a million either...it's starts at $500,000 although it's not 5.4%. I think the 8% tax on business that doesn't provide health care is even worse.

It's INSANE. I cannot believe people would be okay with this. It needs to be stopped fast. It's going to trickle down to us little guys too people. You'll see.

View PostHow else are they going to be able to legally redistribute wealth???

Of course it's part of the wealth redistribution scheme. I think everyone with more than a few brain cells realizes that but for some reason, the lefties still want to deny it and pretend righteous indignation when it's put on the table and we're calling a spade a spade.

View PostIt's INSANE. I cannot believe people would be okay with this. It needs to be stopped fast. It's going to trickle down to us little guys too people. You'll see.

But it sounds so good to people with visions of dollar signs dancing before their eyes.

Con games don't work very well on honest people. It's always greed that baits the traps.

View PostNo and it looks like its not happening either... The Senate version will not have it..

I hope so. Obama is seeming hellbent on shoving his idea of Healthcare down our throats. It's pretty scary imo. I REALLY don't want it, and I REALLY don't want higher taxes on ANYONE until this country can stabilize itself a LOT more.

View PostI hope so. Obama is seeming hellbent on shoving his idea of Healthcare down our throats. It's pretty scary imo. I REALLY don't want it, and I REALLY don't want higher taxes on ANYONE until this country can stabilize itself a LOT more.

Well the healthcare plan may still happen but the surcgarge looks like it will not...

View PostWell the healthcare plan may still happen but the surcgarge looks like it will not...

Jesus....I'm in SHOCK that 1 guy is going to be able to just completely change our whole lifestyle in this country, and do it this fast. I fear we are either about to be taxed to death, or brought into a realm of debt, only fiction writer could imagine.

Here's to hoping for nuclear war.

View PostDo you really think people who make over 1 million a year aren't going to be able to hire lawyers and accountants to make it look like they DON'T make that much each year, on paper of course. They will dodge this tax like any other. Don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves. This is just more candy, flowers and promises they don't intend to keep for the base.

They already do.

View PostIn 1913, something called Income tax was created for the same reason. It was pushed through to 'soak ' the rich. I think it was pushed in the middle of the night, on christmas i believe .

Look who pays the bulk now.

Lots of things are being pushed now. Carbon credits are made up worthless things that will soon be worth $$$, so long as the bill is passed. 'Global' warming has made it into our daily vocabulary, now you know why.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! But the Lo0oney left will never get it. It requires logic.

View PostJust wondering what you think about this to pay for healthcare?

I am fine paying it- small price to pay knowing poor people will not be dying miserable deaths because they cant get the proper medical care