Canal area golf course?

Rate this topic

Anybody got any suggestions for a decent, somewhat affordable public track within easy driving distance of the canal? Going to be down there for two weeks soon and one of the things wifey wants to do is golf once or twice. A quick Google turned up Atlantic Country Club nearby. Anybody played there or have any other ideas?

TIA!

I'll have mine on the rocks.

Not sure what you consider an easy drive, but on the Cape there are plenty of public courses. Google Sandwich, MA golf you will find a few. Also, the town of Barnstable has two municipal courses (Barnstable Fairgrounds, and Hyannis Golf club).

I'm not sure if Hyannis Golf does the "twilight" hours special during the summer months. That was always a nice deal if you want to play in the early evening.

Can't get any closer than The Brookside Club in Bourne.

Go south over the Bourne Bridge onto Route 28 South. 1.4 miles to The Brookside Club on the right....turn right at Falmouth Toyota...both share the common entrance. A public course with a private feel. Nice, new clubhouse, nice greens from what my golfer friends tell me.

They do have a web site...do a search and scroll around.

I played Crosswinds for the first time in Plymouth on Saturday, probably about 15 minutes from the Canal, $48 Monday thru Thursday, Friday thru Sunday is $66 for 18 which includes the cart, beautiful course, but tough. Exit 5 (Long Pond Road) about 4 miles from the highway. And the people working there were extremely pleasant.

"ALL THE BEST!"

View PostCan't get any closer than The Brookside Club in Bourne.

Go south over the Bourne Bridge onto Route 28 South. 1.4 miles to The Brookside Club on the right....turn right at Falmouth Toyota...both share the common entrance. A public course with a private feel. Nice, new clubhouse, nice greens from what my golfer friends tell me.

They do have a web site...do a search and scroll around.

What Joe said. It's only 1 mile from the Bourne Bridge.

The Sultan of Sluggo

and as far as the sign says as I go past it to work everyday only $30 greens fee, but that could be weekday. It is a good course too as I have played it several times but several years ago.

what's the secret word for tonight

Ballymeade has a very good afternoon/twilight rates, it's superior course, lots of challenging holes,especially from the tips (6500) yards. about 20 minutes from the bridge, cape side. rt 151 mashpee.

Thanks for all the replies. Gives me plenty to checkout before I head down there next week. icon14.gif

Nobody mentioned Sandwich Hollows. I see they've got a Wednesday special for $30. Pictures on the website don't look too bad.

Who knows, maybe I'll try em' all. From the sounds of it, I'd be better off playing more golf and doing less fishing anyway. biggrin.gif

Pine hills is the best (if your treating yourself).Myself and a friend were going to do a doubleheader and go fishing in the canal in the early am ,followed by a round of golf at pinehills at 10.a.m...throw in a poker tourney at night and you have the ultimate trifecta..that doesnt involve sex of course.wink.gif

did that used to be Round Hill? If so I hope you are in good condition if you are walking. Pocasset country club, Donald Ross design, is another very nice course but I think they went private years ago. There are so many courses within the canal area it would take weeks to play them all.

what's the secret word for tonight

I've heard great things about Pine Hills and would love to play it, but it's a little pricey with the wife tagging along. I'd like to keep it under $50 each if possible. Otherwise the fishing budget's gonna be blown to hell.

Paul from looking at Sandwich Hollow's website it does look like it used to be Round Hill. Wednesday special includes a cart so we'd almost certainly ride. Thanks for the heads up though. wink.gif