Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Driver hits bay constable on beach.

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I hope this wasn't anyone here! beers.gif

Cops: Driver deliberately hits bay constable on beach

BY JOSEPH MALLIA |joseph.mallia@newsday.com12:03 PM EDT, July 13, 2009 A 72-year-old man who had been driving illegally on a Southampton beach was arrested Sunday after he deliberately hit a bay constable, Southampton Town police said.

It was shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday when Senior Bay Constable Ted Sadleir spotted the man, Howard Salten, driving on the beach at the end of North Sea Road, police said.

While the bay constable was interviewing Salten he backed up his vehicle then drove directly at the constable, hitting him in the leg, police said.

Salten drove off and was arrested a short time later on charges of reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, illegal beach driving and obstructing government administration. Bail information was not immediately available Monday.

View Post I hope this wasn't anyone here! beers.gif

BY JOSEPH MALLIA |joseph.mallia@newsday.com12:03 PM EDT, July 13, 2009 A 72-year-old man who had been driving illegally on a Southampton beach was arrested Sunday after he deliberately hit a bay constable, Southampton Town police said.

It was shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday when Senior Bay Constable Ted Sadleir spotted the man, Howard Salten, driving on the beach at the end of North Sea Road, police said.

While the bay constable was interviewing Salten he backed up his vehicle then drove directly at the constable, hitting him in the leg, police said.

Salten drove off and was arrested a short time later on charges of reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, illegal beach driving and obstructing government administration. Bail information was not immediately available Monday.

Ted Sadlier was the man hit? Crap, he is my uncle I had better call.

View PostTed Sadlier was the man hit? Crap, he is my uncle I had better call.

Wow!!

I hope your uncle is okay.

Keep us posted.

I am surprised they are not charging this man with attempted vehicular homicide. This is idocy, and downright criminalcwm13.gif

View Post I hope this wasn't anyone here! beers.gif

Every one of those charges is a freaking misdemeanor shakehead.gifmad.gif

How about Assault in the Second Degree? The constable is a peace officer--you'd think they'd at least try to pin one felony on the ******* for deliberately hitting a bay constable.

CB900 -

Regards to your uncle, hope he is OK.

Hooky wink.gif

Interesting... might want to google this butthead... cwm13.gif

Wilimington Morning Star, Oct.5, 1993... same name, right age.

Pleading guilty to misdemeanor assault to a New Hanover County deputy sheriff.

I hope Ted is ok,... he used to be, and may still be a duck hunting guide out east. My father and I hunted with him at least 7 to 8 times a season for many years. Outstanding guy, and a real class act...

Now I read that not only is he facing misdemeanor charges, he also was given an appearance ticket to appear at a later court date--the asshat didn't even spend a night in jail shakehead.gif

And of course, he'll waive a jury trial and convince the town justice that it was just an accident rolleyes.gif

View PostI hope Ted is ok,... he used to be, and may still be a duck hunting guide out east. My father and I hunted with him at least 7 to 8 times a season for many years. Outstanding guy, and a real class act...

Thats certainly Teddy.

Thanks for all the concern, I am sure my uncle would appreciate it!

He is fine, just a little bruise on his knee... He didn't even miss any work. The guy actually tried to have his dog attack him at first! But Teddy is a really kind person and I'm sure that's why the guy didn't have the book thrown at him.

View PostThats certainly Teddy.

He is fine, just a little bruise on his knee... He didn't even miss any work. The guy actually tried to have his dog attack him at first! But Teddy is a really kind person and I'm sure that's why the guy didn't have the book thrown at him.

I'm glad he's OK.

View PostThats certainly Teddy.

Is he still taking duck hunting parties..??