Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rovingarcher

Hopkins lure...

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

As a kid I remember how well I did with this lure for schoolies on PI behind Keezers boat launch.So after being away for over 40 years, I got into salmon fishing in Wa State.Remembering the luck I had, and that this lure resembled a herring, I ordered two online.To say I was surprised on my third cast in over 4 decades with this lure to have a 4 lb Jack salmon(imature Chinook)nail it would be an understatement.Does anyone else have any stories about this lure? GR Leavenworth Wa

Just recently caught my first Striper, on a Hopkins shorty, here in California. Had a lot of tutoring so to speak from the West Coast guys. Unfortunatly I snapped the lure off later. I was so impressed with the Hopkins I have ordered four more in various weights. smile.gifsmile.gif .

These are my project this year. I am having a lot of fun with them. I'm experimenting with the 3/4, 1, 1 1/2, and 2 1/4 oz sizes.

When I was a kid back in the 60's, the Hopkins was a hot lure for me too. We used to jig the canal with them, and took fish on them when nothing else worked. They were also deadly on the beaches, worked right in the wash.

Never see anyone using them these days.headscratch.gif