Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tper

Flukin

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Took boat out for 1st time this year -- Yeap don't say it kooky.gif -- But I am addicted to the Canal --- argh

18 1/2 inch fluke are really nice fish -- I like the size limit and plenty of large still close to shore highfive.gif biggest was 24' by me --wife usually kills me but the large we mine yesterday.

Wanted to go again today but wind was a bit much for the 17 ft - old lady (1977 grady)

Tper

I'm planning on doing some flukin this week myself. Got a spot all scoped out in the canal, now all I need to come up with is some fresh sand eels.confused.gif

Are fresh sand eels obtainable locally?

View PostI'm planning on doing some flukin this week myself. Got a spot all scoped out in the canal, now all I need to come up with is some fresh sand eels.confused.gif

You may have to drive for them.Lee at Riverview[s.Yarmouth] always has a good supply and packed in ice.I don't know of anyone west towards you.

View PostI'm planning on doing some flukin this week myself. Got a spot all scoped out in the canal, now all I need to come up with is some fresh sand eels.confused.gif

I know Bruce has got some fresh ones at Canal Bait and Tackle, if you dont know hes right over by the Christmas tree shop, you know... where you go to find all your home accentsbiggrin.gif theyre SUPER FRESH too

Bob, I haven't fished fresh sand eels in years, but when I did you could usually find at least one bait shop near Bourne that carried them. I would think between cc charlie's, canal bait, buzzards bait, makos, and maybe m&d's at least one of them should have them.

-bd