Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wurk2Fish

Joel 3: 1-2

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Joel 3:1-2,9-17

3*For then, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat, and I will enter into judgement with them there, on account of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations. They have divided my land,

Judgement in the Valley of Jehoshaphat

9Proclaim this among the nations:

Prepare war,*

stir up the warriors.

Let all the soldiers draw near,

let them come up.

10Beat your ploughshares into swords,

and your pruning-hooks into spears;

let the weakling say, 'I am a warrior.'

11Come quickly,*

all you nations all around,

gather yourselves there.

Bring down your warriors, O Lord.

12Let the nations rouse themselves,

and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat;

for there I will sit to judge

all the neighbouring nations.

13Put in the sickle,

for the harvest is ripe.

Go in, tread,

for the wine press is full.

The vats overflow,

for their wickedness is great.

14Multitudes, multitudes,

in the valley of decision!

For the day of the Lord is near

in the valley of decision.

15The sun and the moon are darkened,

and the stars withdraw their shining.

16The Lord roars from Zion,

and utters his voice from Jerusalem,

and the heavens and the earth shake.

But the Lord is a refuge for his people,

a stronghold for the people of Israel.

The Glorious Future of Judah

17So you shall know that I, the Lord your God,

dwell in Zion, my holy mountain.

And Jerusalem shall be holy,

and strangers shall never again pass through it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

EU's Solana says world should recognize Palestinian state

The European Union's top diplomat has called for the United Nations Security Council to push forward and recognize a Palestinian state even without a final-status agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.

ticker.hlines.gif

Satellite?blobcol=urlimage&blobheader=im

According to a Reuters report, EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana made the remarks Saturday during a lecture in London, saying that if agreement between the two sides could not be reached, the UN should proffer its own solution to the conflict.

"After a fixed deadline, a UN Security Council resolution should proclaim the adoption of the two-state solution," Solana was quoted as saying, adding that such a move should include resolutions regarding borders, the refugee problem, the issue of Jerusalem and security arrangements.

"It would accept the Palestinian state as a full member of the UN, and set a calendar for implementation. It would mandate the resolution of other remaining territorial disputes and legitimize the end of claims," Solana was quoted by Reuters as saying.

"If the parties are not able to stick to [the timetable], then a solution backed by the international community should be put on the table," he said.

Last month, Solana drew harsh condemnation from Israeli officials after he met with a Hizbullah legislator in Beirut.

The meeting with parliamentarian Hussein Hajj Hassan marked the first time a senior EU diplomat met with the Iranian-backed terror organization.

AS A SIDENOTE: "FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW"

Javier=Xavier=SAVIOR

Solana=LIGHT, OR "OF LIGHT"

Javier Solana=SAVIOR OF LIGHT

Not saying.........but just the "NAME" has to be worth alittle something to scratch your head over and keep an eye oncwm13.gif

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

"no other name....other than the name....JESUS!!!"

01-jones-jim.jpg

Here's the deal wurk. There's Christianity, and there's apocalyptic fundamentalist christians zealots. One represents as fine a philosophy for living as any out there. The other represents obsessive nuts that are so irrational and passionate that they are capable of anything. Virtually every Christian I know is the former. Fine, decent, level-headed folks with a religious philosophy that I find very hard to criticise. But every once in awhile, you run across one that's gone over the deep end, and religion has become and unhealthy obsession. Those folks have a mental state that can justify anything based on imagined myth. They see themselves as saviours, when in fact they are just very dangerous.

You, and a few others will see my pointing out various religious nuts as an attack on Christianity. They don't get it. I have a lot of respect for Christianity as practiced by almost everyone here. What I happily criticise, is insanity.

moonie3.jpg

Most of these posts, Wurk, show a man who like you, claimed the bible as the source of his religious philosophy.

Your claims have no more merit, and are fundamentally no more rational than the guy and his folllowers who wanted to board a spaceship by commiting suicide. Here, you might only be using your mania to advance political views, but that's how others started as well. Then they had there zombie-like followers poison their own children in a South American jungle.

There's so many of these guys, I can choke the site's bandwith posting their pictures.

Judgement in the Valley of Jehoshaphat

I always wondered where the exclamation "Jumpin Jehosophat" came from (Well not always, but someti.........ok I've never really wondered about it at all till I saw this. I never knew there was a Jehosaphat....whatever)

Wurk2Fish,

Thanks for standing up with your beliefs, I respect that.

Here is my perspective. I have studied the Old Testament for decades. I believe that the biblical prophecies foretold by the Minor Prophets are speaking of the things yet to come during the Millenial Kingdom.

I do not believe that these prophecies apply to "Israel" today.

If you also study the book of Ezekiel you will quickly realize that today's "Israel" is not in a spiritual condition that allows us to apply these promises to the current state.

If we apply these prophecies to Israel today, we get in big trouble.

To properly understand these prophecies we must take a dispensational view of the scriptures. When we do that we realize that the prophets are speaking of things yet to come. We also see that today's Israel in a state of spiritual apostacy; therefore God cannot fulfill these promises......yet.

I am a supporter of Israel, but if today's Israel were to be defeated tomorrow, my faith would not be shaken; I believe the God can and will raise that nation back up as HE intended, not as the U.N. intended.

Out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

View Post01-jones-jim.jpg

Here's the deal wurk. There's Christianity, and there's apocalyptic fundamentalist christians zealots. One represents as fine a philosophy for living as any out there. The other represents obsessive nuts that are so irrational and passionate that they are capable of anything. Virtually every Christian I know is the former. Fine, decent, level-headed folks with a religious philosophy that I find very hard to criticise. But every once in awhile, you run across one that's gone over the deep end, and religion has become and unhealthy obsession. Those folks have a mental state that can justify anything based on imagined myth. They see themselves as saviours, when in fact they are just very dangerous.

You, and a few others will see my pointing out various religious nuts as an attack on Christianity. They don't get it. I have a lot of respect for Christianity as practiced by almost everyone here. What I happily criticise, is insanity.

Yes....Dan...you're right! I do see your posts with the ignorant pics and statements as an attack....not on me....but on Jesus Himself! You're not hurting me posting up these rude comments and pics...only yourself....you WILL be judged for what you have done!

Secondly.....you are SO FAR OFF in what you said above in trying to separate "Christianity" from Prophecy!!! When you post......and now especially with what you have said....you've shown your ignorance to the TRUTH of God and the Prophetic part of His Word!!!!

May I suggest....that if you can't come on here and debate whether or not the current news events I and others post....may or may not apply to Scripture and Prophecy.....just don't post at all!!!!

If you knew how many people have contacted me via PM....E-mail and even in phone conversations from this site....telling me to keep fighting the Good Fight...and not pay attention to the Hell-Bound LOONS that oppose God(not me)....cause surely it's God you have a Beef with........all I've done is post Political News Events and applied them to scripture to aid in warning those here in PGF's of what is soon coming down the pike!!!

I'm sorry if YOU can't see that this Nation is being takin' right down the road to what is Prophesied in God's Word...to a New World Order with one leader at the top...whom the Bible calls the Anti-Christ....really...I feel sorry for you and all the others who have ignorantly posted against the Political News events that I've posted in the past! Once again....your negativity doesn't bother me....but it surely secures a wedge bein' drivin' furthur between you and Almighty God!!!

In closing....if you don't believe in God....that's fine....but don't bash me in posting current Political news events that I apply to Prophecy unfolding.........just put me on your ignore list...it's that simple!!!

Luv ya like a Brother!!!heart.gif

W2F

View Postmoonie3.jpg

Most of these posts, Wurk, show a man who like you, claimed the bible as the source of his religious philosophy.

Your claims have no more merit, and are fundamentally no more rational than the guy and his folllowers who wanted to board a spaceship by commiting suicide. Here, you might only be using your mania to advance political views, but that's how others started as well. Then they had there zombie-like followers poison their own children in a South American jungle.

There's so many of these guys, I can choke the site's bandwith posting their pictures.

And for you to even insinuate that what I post and what I believe would lead to murder or suicide.....YOU need help my friend....you don't even know me......MANY here do! And I'm sure you'd find out if ya spoke with them........I'm a very rational, level minded....even likable...fishing kind of guy.....I'm just sorry you hate God so much that you have to attack anyone who follows Him...AND HIS ENTIRE WORD!!!

Peace!!!!

W2F

View PostWurk2Fish,

Thanks for standing up with your beliefs, I respect that.

Here is my perspective. I have studied the Old Testament for decades. I believe that the biblical prophecies foretold by the Minor Prophets are speaking of the things yet to come during the Millenial Kingdom.

I do not believe that these prophecies apply to "Israel" today.

If you also study the book of Ezekiel you will quickly realize that today's "Israel" is not in a spiritual condition that allows us to apply these promises to the current state.

If we apply these prophecies to Israel today, we get in big trouble.

To properly understand these prophecies we must take a dispensational view of the scriptures. When we do that we realize that the prophets are speaking of things yet to come. We also see that today's Israel in a state of spiritual apostacy; therefore God cannot fulfill these promises......yet.

I am a supporter of Israel, but if today's Israel were to be defeated tomorrow, my faith would not be shaken; I believe the God can and will raise that nation back up as HE intended, not as the U.N. intended.

Out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your welcome....and thank you as well!!! Unfortunately Bro.....you've got it all just alittle mixed upfrown.gif

View PostYes....Dan...you're right! I do see your posts with the ignorant pics and statements as an attack....not on me....but on Jesus Himself! You're not hurting me posting up these rude comments and pics...only yourself....you WILL be judged for what you have done!

Yes, I know. This is my favorite version of the benevolent God. I find the one espoused by more mainstream Jews and Christians to be a lot more appealing.

View Post Secondly.....you are SO FAR OFF in what you said above in trying to separate "Christianity" from Prophecy!!! When you post......and now especially with what you have said....you've shown your ignorance to the TRUTH of God and the Prophetic part of His Word!!!!

You speak for all Christians now?

View PostMay I suggest....that if you can't come on here and debate whether or not the current news events I and others post....may or may not apply to Scripture and Prophecy.....just don't post at all!!!!

Sorry Wurk, doesn't work that way. Here we go head to head with ideas. So long as you post ideas along these lines, I will challenge them, as long as doing so does not offend my many Christian friends. I will endeavor not to be abusive, but if I find real parallels between yourself and other zealots, I will comment on them. If TimS, feels I am being inappropriate in the least, I will desist without further comment. I'm a guest here like all of us.

View PostIf you knew how many people have contacted me via PM....E-mail and even in phone conversations from this site....telling me to keep fighting the Good Fight...and not pay attention to the Hell-Bound LOONS that oppose God(not me)....cause surely it's God you have a Beef with........all I've done is post Political News Events and applied them to scripture to aid in warning those here in PGF's of what is soon coming down the pike!!!

Actually, I don't have a "beef" with "God" at all, I have a beef with a particular brand of believer. In fact, as I have alluded, I have a lot of respect for most religious organizations in this country, and recognize quite well their value to the communities they are in. I have, in fact, occasionally envied those with faith. On the other hand...I also see what happens when some folks take things to an unhealthy extreme.

Anyway, you will never see me taking part in Priest bashing, insulting your typical protestant, or playing the anti-semite. I feel no need to insult or criticize those organizations or faiths as commonly practiced.

View PostI'm sorry if YOU can't see that this Nation is being takin' right down the road to what is Prophesied in God's Word...to a New World Order with one leader at the top...whom the Bible calls the Anti-Christ....really...I feel sorry for you and all the others who have ignorantly posted against the Political News events that I've posted in the past! Once again....your negativity doesn't bother me....but it surely secures a wedge bein' drivin' furthur between you and Almighty God!!!

Well, we can probably agree that things in this country are not moving in the direction we'd like, but we'll disagree on the reason. As for feeling sorry for me, there's a certain irony there. But I do believe you and undertand the spirit in which you intend it.

View PostIn closing....if you don't believe in God....that's fine....but don't bash me in posting current Political new events that I apply to Prophecy unfolding.........just put me on your ignore list...it's that simple!!!

Well, not yet. See, there's a certain kind of zealot that a lot of folks give a pass to. Not ready to do that yet as I still think you need a counterpoint.

View PostLuv ya like a Brother!!!heart.gif

W2F

And for you to even insinuate that what I post and what I believe would lead to murder or suicide.....YOU need help my friend....you dojn't even know me......MANY here do! And I'm sure you'd find out if ya spoke with them........I'm a very rational, levelminded....even likable...fishing kind of guy.....I'm just sorry you hate God so much that you have to attack anyone who follows Him...AND HIS ENTIRE WORD!!!

Peace!!!!

W2F

No one imagined in their wildest nightmares what would happen in Waco or French Guyana. And yet, the type of unquestioning faith in each case hinted what people might be capable of. Blind, unquestioning faith, coupled with certain knowledge of death in any case, can be a dangerous thing. Wise men keep their eyes open.

Again, I don't "hate" God at all, so you need to try and work out another motivation for my challenging you. As for attacking "anyone who follows God," I've been in this forum for something like 9 years, you will find that accusation is simply not true. You are somewhat unique in this respect as your views are quite on the fringe.

Oh, as just so we can avoid the point later, for every religious extremist I'll show you an atheist nutcase.