Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FenderBender

Gravity oil leak

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

on my 2004 Yam 150 2-stroke coming from engine oil tank only when tilted up. Looks like O-ring needs replacing where sending unit enters tank at top, but you can't just buy the O-ring. beatin.gif U gotta buy entire sending unit for something like $127 bucks. Anyone had a similar problem and what did you do to fix?

I have the exact same issue. I replaced the top once already, lasted about a season and is now leaking again. I have been living with this for the last couple seasons, but would love to get it fixed if I thought it would stay fixed.

I know nothing about that engine but if its an O ring, I would remove the unit take it to AutoZone and get a replace ment for about a dollar. I did that several times over the years instaed of paying huge prices for OEM ports at the dealer. All this stuff is basically standard when it comes to O rings.

View Poston my 2004 Yam 150 2-stroke coming from engine oil tank only when tilted up. Looks like O-ring needs replacing where sending unit enters tank at top, but you can't just buy the O-ring. beatin.gif U gotta buy entire sending unit for something like $127 bucks. Anyone had a similar problem and what did you do to fix?

There is no o-ring. Some folks have posted that they used a tie wrap to help seal the cap.

I had the problem for several seasons. This year I pulled the sender, gave it and the tank opening a good cleaning and for some odd reason, haven't had the leak so far.