Followers 0
fishingnuke

I guess Artie Lange fell off the wagon

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Comic Artie Lange charged with DUI in NJ

email_this_page_sm.gifEmail this Story

Jul 10, 9:13 PM (ET)

People_Artie_Lange.sff_NY112_20090710211(AP) This Thursday, April 27, 2006 picture shows comedian and actor Artie Lange, from the Howard...

Full ImageP { MARGIN: 12px 0px 0px}

TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - Comedian and radio personality Artie Lange has been charged with driving under the influence of an intoxicant and careless driving after a minor traffic accident in central New Jersey.

Toms River police say Lange's 2009 Nissan struck the rear of another vehicle around 1:30 p.m. Friday. Police say no one was injured and both vehicles had only minor damage.

Police say the responding officers' observations led to the 41-year-old Lange, of Roseland, being charged. He was taken to police headquarters for processing.

He was issued summonses and released pending a municipal court appearance on July 16. A police spokesman did not know if Lange had retained a lawyer. Lange is a "Howard Stern Show" regular and recently wrote a best-selling book, "Too Fat to Fish."

waaaaaaaah I'm an addict.....that'll be his story on Monday, if he makes it in. All that $$$ + his level of addiction = tragedy waiting to happen. Getting real tired of hearing about his problems on the show. It's getting close to time for a new third wheel.

View Postwaaaaaaaah I'm an addict.....that'll be his story on Monday, if he makes it in. All that $$$ + his level of addiction = tragedy waiting to happen. Getting real tired of hearing about his problems on the show. It's getting close to time for a new third wheel.

Really, I find that the Artie saga is one of the few redeeming parts of the show anymore. It beats the hell out of listening to Howard talk about programming his blackberry or Robin telling about her newest friendship with another distinguished african-american celeb...

The article says under the influence of an intoxicant, not necessarily alcohol. Could be heroin but it could be something as minor as an unapproved prescription drug. I hope it's not as bad as it might be, but Artie was far from recovered and with his personality/money/lifestyle there are bound to bumps in the road.

They have been on vacation for almost two weeks now so it is no suprise given his history. I feel bad for the guy. He is surrounded by enablers so what do you expect? I am just glad he didn't injure or kill anyone. He lives in this area part time.

Picture%20008.jpgHe did a benefit for the ocean county library tonight.

He was asked about the DUI and all he would say was it was BS. He joked about it a few times during the show.

People in line behind us said they live down the road from him in Silverton and he had a small fender bender and it's being blown way out of proportion (take that for what it's worth).

He was hysterical.

Signed my book too, good dude.