Followers 0
J

1987 Aquasport 200 Osprey

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

006.jpg

It was free biggrin.gif

But not to me,my fishing partner.

We know none of its history other than it was in storage for some time.

150 Mercury Black Max

It appears the former owner was mixing oil sowe suspect the oil injection is not working.

I found a 1/8" air line in the chase to the center console severed. What is the PSI gauge on the console for and is it part of the oil pump set-up?

Motor under the cow2llooks new...

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Anyone here know Mercs?

Should I just forget the oil pump and premix?

Should I try to see what the problem is before starting it'?

How sweet is that!!! Great boat, bullet proof motor! Had a 1999 Black Max. Never had a problem with it. If you don't mind mixing, I would keep premix oil in the tank and forget Oil injection. Just run the boat and enjoy it.

that era motor had a plastic gear that drove the oil mixture system. Some lasted for ever, some broke. Some guys didnt want to blow up the power head if it did break so they pre mixed the oil.

Mine did not have the 1/8 inch line you discussed. If its a PSI gauge, its a simple vacuum gauge to monitor vacuum on the engine. Basically used as a fuel economy tool. Not relevant to engine functioning. You should plug the line because it allows additional air to the fuel mix while open.

It doesn't have a vacuumgauge,it has a PSI gauge and itis measuring pressure.

I have since found references to water pump presure and I am going on the assumption that is what I am seeing here.A function to track impeller performance.

View PostHow is the ride? Will I find myself in surgery again?

I am unable to tell from the pictures you posted as to what it's rigged with for seats.

Mine had two pedestal seats at the helm. I hated them for a number of reasons. The were not very supportive. Too close to the console. Visibility stunk as the console in my boat is quite large in both width and height.

I immediately removed them and had a leaning post installed at a distance away from the console and height from the floor that fit my size. This was key to improving my comfort. I suggest you do the same. Maybe even add a rubber mat to stand on.

As for ride just as in any boat. Match the trim and throttle to the conditions and you'll be fine.

You'll find choppy seas not to be a problem. You will get some spray in a quartering sea. I think most boats out there will offer a somewhat wet ride at times.

Enjoy it, fish the heck out of it. Take good care of it and it'll last a lifetime.

Aquasports are a good solid boat. A little heavy especially in the bow. Pound hard in rough seas but will get you home. Second the leaning post and rubber mat under foot. Trim tabs will most definitely improve the ride. Pre-mix your oil like the former owner. Get rid of the bimini at put on a T-Top.

Bimini is history...it's just providing shade while I clean. It's on its last legs with most of the securing hardware missing.I'm lucky it is still staying up.

The pedestal seats will go but it will have to wait.They are through bolted and I would have to move the consiole out of the way tolift the floor toremove them. Ain'tdoling that now.Maybe off season.I have a nice leaning post here waiting to gom in.Too bad it's toobig a job for me right now. The seats are useless and take up space.

T-top might comemoff another boat for this one if it fits this console or at least comes close...

Lights work clapping.gif

Sounder and GPS go in in the morning.

Just found out the bill of sale is for the boat only... We now have to get one for the motor... That might take a few days or more mad.gif

We will premix as soon as I verify the oil injector is not working. I'll remove the resevoir too....

My neck and back are friggin killing me and I have 2 vicodin in me over 6 hours.... Screw it.... I'm looking at another surgery anyway. I might as well get out and fish a little.

J