Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charloots

Bulls up 1-0

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Man gored to death in Pamplona bull run

Daniel Jimeno Romero, a 27-year-old from Madrid, was gored to death during the annual running of the bulls in Pamplona and nine others were injured in what became the bloodiest run in decades.

shakehead.gif

That picture and video of the guy in the green shirt being mauled has accompanied both of the stories that were posted about this...But, has anyone read a story that specifically identifies him as the man who was killed?

I kinda get the feeling that's not really the guy...I think it would take a hell of a lot of luck to end up getting such good, professional pictures and video, of the 1 guy who happened to get killed?

Maybe I'm just overly cynical and distrusting of the media, (hard to believe, I know wink.gif). And I could be totally wrong on this.

I'd just expect a video that "good" to be accompanied by headlines like "Shocking video shows man being gored to death", or something similar...(If they have video of something, it pretty much guaranteed to be mentioned in the title.)

I can't help but get the feeling that this might be a case of the media using fake/unrelated images to better dramatize their story? confused.gif

I guess your mistrust is right on target, Capper...

At one point the bull picked up man wearing a green shirt with its horns and flipped him into the air, then kept going after him as he lay curled up on the ground, covering his face. He got up and ran away, and was apparently not seriously hurt

Gorey Details...lolredface.gif

Amateur video broadcast by Spanish TV station Cuatro showed Jimeno Romero trotting backwards, facing the oncoming bull, when he trips over other runners and goes down. The Spaniard then tries to squeeze feet-first under a wooden fence serving as a protective barrier, when the bull comes up and gores him in the neck with its right horn. Jimeno Romero instantly bled profusely, lying face up as medics tried to save him.

View PostGorey Details...lolredface.gif

Amateur video broadcast by Spanish TV station Cuatro showed Jimeno Romero trotting backwards, facing the oncoming bull, when he trips over other runners and goes down. The Spaniard then tries to squeeze feet-first under a wooden fence serving as a protective barrier, when the bull comes up and gores him in the neck with its right horn. Jimeno Romero instantly bled profusely, lying face up as medics tried to save him.

...and the crowd was fighting for position to get pic's.

Can't see it too clearly, but it's mid-frame- 20 seconds in. The video also shows him after they pulled him through the fence.icon24.gificon25.gifeek.gif

Now the bigger question... Has the ability to instantly google up a youtube video of a man's death made for a better or worse society...redface.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>