Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikepa

Did you buy your SW license yet???

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Let's here it and why?

I didn't and yes I've been fishing. I guess I'm just opposed to how they implemented the whole thing.

PS. I would've done a poll but I aint smart enough. Maybe Eebs can set one up.

I bought mine and have a feeling at the places I fish and times I fish; it will burn a hole in my wallet; never to see the light of day in 2009. Unless they will require it for entrance to the state parks that allow night fishing.

Yes. Why? Because it's only $10 and takes 2 minutes if you do it online. The money will do absolutley nothing to better saltwater fishing in CT but why risk getting caught without it.

From RI,, originally CT.

Not fished CT since it started,,, May just a time or two more.

Next yr. when they'll reciprocate w/ RI (none yet here) I will.

Think the greedy Politicians in CT really jumped the gun on this and I'm not participating.

By not fishing CT, I'll not be stopping for fuel, food, tackle, etc. (bite me! mad.gif )

View Postwhy risk getting caught without it.

Let's see....

I have been required to have a CT freshwater license for over 20 years now. I fish more times in one year than most people do their entire lives. In that time I can count on one hand the number of times I have personally seen DEP officers checking licenses. I have been checked ONCE! and that was on the Salmon River at the handicapped pool right around opening day.

Despite that fact I gladly pay for a freshwater license because I know that trout are not wild and they don't appear by magic. I use the resource so I pay. But as far as salt water fishing, what does the DEP do for us? They don't stock any fish.

I am with mikepa. It's more of how the whole thing was implemented that irks me. Yes I know abot the federal requirement for a "registry" of saltwater anglers, but there is no requirement for a fee. Plus, the fact that this was pushed through mid-year makes it so obvious that this is little more than a cash grab by the folks in Hartford and I for one have had enough of corrupt politicians taking money from my pockets.

I have absolutely no plan to buy one this year. Next year maybe, but this year no. If I get caught (and I find that very unlikely given the times and places I fish) I will just play dumb.

I was out yesterday afternoon in a fairly popular fishing town. I wanted to test out and break in some new fireline I picked up as well as see how some new lures I purchased work in the water under various retrieves. Must have seen about 20 other people out fishing as well. I would take a wild guess that about 1 in 5 of the other people fishing had a marine license. I bet you most were completely unaware they needed it. Little to no public awareness out there at the moment.

I'll buy one next year.

They can't enforce it this year, the damn anglers guide doesn't say you need one.

I think it's o.k., it will help gather more data for fisheries management and maybe that will help in establishing the regs.

I'm not buying a license this year, at least I don't think I will. I'm not buying it out of protest but because I don't think I'll have free time to do any fishing this season, too much going on to prevent me from hitting the water.

However, even if I had the time I won't spend the $10. There's a principal yet I'll more than likely capitulate.

For those who say it's only $10, well with all the nickel and diming going on lately, you can pay for my license. wink.gif $10 here, $10 there it all adds up in the end. Personally, I'm tired of having my chain yanked.

View PostLet's see....

I have been required to have a CT freshwater license for over 20 years now. I fish more times in one year than most people do their entire lives. In that time I can count on one hand the number of times I have personally seen DEP officers checking licenses. I have been checked ONCE! and that was on the Salmon River at the handicapped pool right around opening day.

Despite that fact I gladly pay for a freshwater license because I know that trout are not wild and they don't appear by magic. I use the resource so I pay. But as far as salt water fishing, what does the DEP do for us? They don't stock any fish.

I am with mikepa. It's more of how the whole thing was implemented that irks me. Yes I know abot the federal requirement for a "registry" of saltwater anglers, but there is no requirement for a fee. Plus, the fact that this was pushed through mid-year makes it so obvious that this is little more than a cash grab by the folks in Hartford and I for one have had enough of corrupt politicians taking money from my pockets.

I have absolutely no plan to buy one this year. Next year maybe, but this year no. If I get caught (and I find that very unlikely given the times and places I fish) I will just play dumb.

Way to stick it to the man, you are really showing the CT gov't whose boss now. I agree that implementing it mid year is stupid and like I stated it will do nothing to better saltwater fishing in anyway. But I can guarantee that the DEP will be out in droves soon enough to take advantage of those anglers that decided to play dumb. For me $10 is not worth the hassle of getting fined.

View PostBut I can guarantee that the DEP will be out in droves soon enough to take advantage of those anglers that decided to play dumb.

And the tooth fairy and Santa Claus are real.