Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sgt15truck

Satying in S. Naggshead

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I will be staying in Naggshead for the first time this year. I normally stay in Duck, Corolla during this month and then in Avon during August.

Any tips on where to fish, what to use and whats biting?

Any help would be great. My wife has started to believe I really suck at this surf fishing thing since every time she goes with me I am skunked out with no catches. I tried telling her it was her fault but she did not buy it.

Please help a brother out with a fish...........cwm40.gif

Hi Sgt15truck,

I am a Baltimore City Firefighter and I am going to Corola the first week in August. I was wondering about the fishing there and if you could give me a few pointers. I will be surf fishing with a fly rod.

Hooknladder,

Nice to meet you Brother. I am a Sgt with DCFD assigned to 15 Truck but I live in Baltimore City (Federal Hill)

To be honest with you I don't really have a good answer for you to your question. I am relatively new to this and definitely don't know about fly fishing. I have been doing this for a few years now but much like our career it seems you never stop learning what to do or how to do it different.

Hopefully someone from the OBX will be able to answer both our questions. These guys are normally really good with answering and they are normally right on the money

Maybe we can meet up with each other after my trip and before yours and talk fishing or fire. Either way works for me.beers.gif

Stay low and be safe

View PostWell I leave for the OBX in the morning so if anyone can help me out tonight it would be great!........PLEASE

well you are going in the summer doldrums ..

panfish are going to be the main go .

also hit the beach at first light and at dusk ..

other than that , hit tw's and see what is hot smile.gif

derf

Nags Head plus 20 to 30 min drive equals flounder city!

The south sound side of the inlet below the jetty. I was drifting within casting distance of shore an we got 50 flounder, none were keepers, but they are in there! Keep in mind that 15" is the size limit both ocean an sound. An 8 per person a day. Use either live finger mullet, squid or belly meat.

Well i used Mullet, shrimp, and squid for bait. I fished the beaches around 5:30 am until around 7:30 am as well as the pier at night. Nothing, nodda on the beach except 2 small blues. Caught 4 sharks on chunk bait off the pier. Had fun but did not bring any meat home.......however I did beers.gif which makes things suck less so I still had an awesome time in OBX as usual.

We will see what the August trip to Avon brings.