Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Bald Head

Who showers with their gear?

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I generally use a garden hose, but only because I have a small shower tongue.gif

But at night,I put little headphones on my flyrod and make it listen to Tony Robbins tapes!

I agree with Z, my stuff gets washed in december. I break out the chisel to blast all the bunker blood off by waders butt, the power washer to get the sand/salt out of my spools, etc. the time it takes to wash your junk you could have thrown another 2-3 chunks out there.

Its all about maximizing your time out.

lg_smile.gif

BC

I'd like to know how you wash a 10' 1 piece rod in the shower (10 feet, not inches). I'd also like to know how you use a Garden hose in the middle on the Winter without water freezing your pipes.

I'd like to know how you wash a 1 piece rod in the shower (10 feet, not inches).

Nothing like being humble, Billy..... cwm13.gifwink.gif

As far as the garden hose in the winter.....drain the hose coil it up, leave the nozzle off, and turn off the water in the basement. Then when you need it, take the 3 second walk into the basement to turn on the water, do your stuff, turn off the water in the basement, and your golden....(no, not golden showers.... cwm13.gif ..... wink.gif )

Those who own 10 ft rods know how to wash them.

smile.gif

personally, I see no need to wash a rod. reels, plugs, pliers, boga grips, etc, might need ot be washed, they certainly can fit in the shower if need be, but no need to use a garden hose. I can actually use a sink...

bc

I take a 5gal pail and put all the lures, rigs, sinkers that I use into the bucket. When I get home I add dish soap and water and wash my tackle.

Next I quickly dunk my reels, rinse them and spray

with wd-40. Finally i take a sponge and wash my rods paying attention to the reel seat and ferrul.

I lay it all on the deck and hose it gently then put the reels, knife, pliers, sinkers et al in a bucket to soak a bit. Then I sun dry followed by a spray of WD-40 for the reels if I have the spray can handy.

The only thing I take into my shower at the beach with me is a cold beer.

We had 2" of rain last night. Did a nice job on my jetty rod on the roof of my truck. Also my beach stuff was still leaning against the side of the house from Saturdays fishing. So 2/3 of my gear has had its mid-season cleaning.