Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESyakr

quick, i need some advice! OK prowler 13

17 posts in this topic

after a spring of spending my money on stupid things (college, car insurance... :roll: :roll: ) i finally got the money to get a yak, and there is a 20% off sale on OK prowlers...650$. its super comfortable, and i fit in it well, but i havnt used it open choppy water, so im not sure how well it handles. i will be using it in the bay and ocean, along with freshwater fishing. it paddles so much nicer than the really wide boats like the ride 135 and caper, but it is narrow, 28". it feels stable in the demo pond, but im not sure how it will be fishing. any thoughts? is this a good choice? the sale ends saturday, so any advice will really be appreciated.

View Postafter a spring of spending my money on stupid things (college, car insurance... :roll: :roll: ) i finally got the money to get a yak, and there is a 20% off sale on OK prowlers...650$. its super comfortable, and i fit in it well, but i havnt used it open choppy water, so im not sure how well it handles. i will be using it in the bay and ocean, along with freshwater fishing. it paddles so much nicer than the really wide boats like the ride 135 and caper, but it is narrow, 28". it feels stable in the demo pond, but im not sure how it will be fishing. any thoughts? is this a good choice? the sale ends saturday, so any advice will really be appreciated.

You can't go wrong with a Prowler 13 man. It's a solid Yak. I looked at them too, but I wanted a Redfish bad. 650 is a great price imo. TONS of guys use the Prowler 13, and Prowler Trident for fishing. I think you'll be happy with it.

That deal is gonna be hard to beat for a quality kayak.

i have the prowler 13 angler. i haven't had it out front yet, but in the chesapeake bay in choppy, waked up water, it handled it fine. several large charter boats went past me at high speed close by(bastages), and it took 3 waves over the bow, and no hint of tipping. waves taken on the side, it rode over, no problem. it is not the surf, i know, no breaking waves and white water.

on a confused sea, the yak gets bounced around a bit from side to side, but keep paddling, and you'll make headway.

against the wind and inlet current in OC,md, it was an effort, but i was able to go where i wanted.

i feel that to tip this yak, you would have to try pretty hard, or be in some nasty stuff

View Postwhat's the difference between the prowler 13 and the trident 13?

the trident 13 is 1.5 inches wider, making it a more stable, but slower boat.

yeah, gander mnt has the 20% off sale till tomarrow.

thanks for all the advice.

View Postthe trident 13 is 1.5 inches wider, making it a more stable, but slower boat.

yeah, gander mnt has the 20% off sale till tomarrow.

thanks for all the advice.

Also, the Trident has a Rod Pod, flat bottom, and adjustable foot rests, whereas the Prowler has no Rod pod, no flat bottom, and molded foot rests.

If you haven't bought it yet your crazy. IMO, plain and simple, one of the best fishing platforms on the market. Handles great for everyting you mentioned. Been fishing in it for many years now. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Great price! FLY smile.gif