Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Another Mitsubishi Galant problem

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I started a new one.

Recently my dad's 2003 Galant is having some problem with the AC. The AC light just blinks when it gets turn on. Fans, heat everything else runs fine. The AC sometimes works, but when it doesn't, the light just blinks.

Anyone have an idea?

View PostI didn't want to hijack the other thread so I started a new one.

Recently my dad's 2003 Galant is having some problem with the AC. The AC light just blinks when it gets turn on. Fans, heat everything else runs fine. The AC sometimes works, but when it doesn't, the light just blinks.

Anyone have an idea?

The AC compressor normally have an electronic clutch on the unit, and are also computer controlled to some degree.

There is probably a few sensors that are monitoring refrigerant pressure in the system.

I can think of maybe three areas to attack:

First is refrigerant level/pressure maybe it is too low or too high.

Second is a bad sensor causing a pressure reading by the system to be out of range expected, so it doesn't activate the clutch and no AC.

Third, maybe what ever electronic control unit that operates that AC is on its way out?

My trouble shooting on my trucks AC has allways been to grab a can or two of the new R12 (R134a?) replacement and dump it in to the system lol. Not the right anwser but it used to work. beatin.gif

Google is your friend, I bet you can find a SOL of the Galant world that has posts and posters that can help you trouble shoot further.

Thankd Doug. I have tried filling it refrigant, but came back the same way the day after.

I have tried google the problem, the closest answer I got was because the tension belt is loose... but my dad had a friend looked at the belt and everything looks normal.

Before we decide to bring it to the dealer, we want to know what's going on first before we get charged an arm and a leg for repairs. frown.gif