Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Chili For Dogs

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Short of making a batch of my "award winning" chili (okay, the only "award" it ever won was the SOL Food Fling Award when Mr. Lippen and I had an informal chili-off a number of years ago and he conceded....wink.gif) sans the beans, any suggestions for a store bought meat chili to use on hot dogs?

Donna shocked me and said that some Friday or Saturday we should have a bunch of hot dogs for dinner. But I won't need a large amount of chili, as how much are ya gonna use on 5-6-7 dogs? And besides, if it is gonna be a Friday, it has to be "quick", as I normally don't cook on Fridays, and making my chili is a bit more involved than a quick meal.

So, any decent canned or other meat chili (no beans) out there that would suit this purpose?

Try the Chunky Chili w/no beans.We used it a couple of times during football season in a pinch.We spiced it up nicely....twas'nt bad.....for chili out of a can.

Okay, 3 answers, 3 different opinions......I think I'll wait it out a bit to see if there can be a consensus....wink.gif

Does Bush's make chili?

View PostI dont recall it quite that way Steve.

cwm27.gif Um, I am pretty sure your exact words, as you were shoveling a bowl of my chili into your mouth, were:

"Okay, you win, this is waaay better than mine....."

Even though I told ya that yours stacked up pretty well.....smile.gif

And before ya even say it, this was two-three years before the burnt chili incident redface.gif, and I wasn't the Food Fling kitchen guru that year......wink.gif

Decent canned chili ??cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif I don't think sobeatin.gif. Most of em' taste like dog food. I would never lower myself to that again! biggrin.gif

Make up a big batch and put it into individual serving zip-lock bags.

PS: Saugeys are great with chili!

View PostDecent canned chili ??cwm31.gifcwm31.gifcwm31.gif I don't think sobeatin.gif. Most of em' taste like dog food. I would never lower myself to that again! biggrin.gif

Make up a big batch and put it into individual serving zip-lock bags.

PS: Saugeys are great with chili!

pffttttt ..

some days it just ain't worth the time and effort to make it

drool.gif Takes about ten minutes to whip up a small batch like I did the other day and freeze it so you can have a decent Chilli dog when you want one .Anybody want the recipe IM Me and I'll be glad to share it.