Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveS

Zeebaas handle knob question

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Is this thing supposed to be real tight? When i'm reeling, the knob is almost to the point of not turning, it's like there's a rough spot that doesnt let it spin totally free.

View Postsupposed to, not.

Your answer baffles me. Is it "supposed to spin freely" or is it "Supposed to be really tight"?

If this knob is supposed to be that tight to the handle, I think they need to fix this, because it is not to easy to reel like that. This reel is 3 weeks old BTW, with about 6 hours of fishing on it.

Dave, Mine does the same thing. It almost feels like it is warped a bit. I just loosened the screw that secures the knob a millionth of an inch and it cured the problem. At least for now. One thing I did notice about this reel is it has very tight tolerences which IMO isnt a bad thing

Any knob on any reel I have ever owned spins freely.Spinning, bait casting ,Fly Reel.The handles are tight but the knobs spin.If they don't spin add a drop of oil behind the knob.

View PostDave, Mine does the same thing. It almost feels like it is warped a bit. I just loosened the screw that secures the knob a millionth of an inch and it cured the problem. At least for now. One thing I did notice about this reel is it has very tight tolerences which IMO isnt a bad thing

Brian, I just got off the phone with Wendy @ Zeebaas. She said that the knob is supposed to spin free with no tightness/rough spots/warped feeling. With that said, she is sending me a brand new handle with oval knob in the mail so I have no downtime with the reel, when it arrives I can mail this one to them That is some awesome customer service if ya ask me smile.gif

View PostBrian, I just got off the phone with Wendy @ Zeebaas. She said that the knob is supposed to spin free with no tightness/rough spots/warped feeling. With that said, she is sending me a brand new handle with oval knob in the mail so I have no downtime with the reel, when it arrives I can mail this one to them That is some awesome customer service if ya ask me smile.gif

I have said it throughout many threads. ZB has had no concerns from me as far as there customer service goes. I have had nothing but good dealings with them.