Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Hopkins treble question?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

if you plan on buying them in a tackle shop , grab a similar Hopkins , tell the person you want hooks like these , I didn't think you were going to buy BULK , that you needed to know the exact # size , hope that helps ya , Frank

For the 2.5 oz I would use a 3/0 and the smallest probably a 1/0. Anything in between a 2/0 size. I would go with the 4x VMC's. Ya can't go wrong with them.smile.gif

View PostDoes anyone know what size trebles they put on the shorty 2.25, 1.5, 1 and .75oz?

Thanks in advance.

this is a lure that i have done very well over the years. i mostly use the shorty 2.25 oz. i prefer a single hook i tie my own i use a tarpon stainless steel 5/0 or 6/0 most of the time a 6/0 i tie all white with a bit of yellow not yellow bucktail no flash i have caught fish in the 25 pound class many times with this set up .the casts are great the 6/0 does not slow down your distance at all. i like the heavier hook because this lure is a top water lure and with the Heavier hook it lays down a bit more. i think the fish can see it better, keep the lure on top meaning reel in at a good amount of speed when surf fishing the beach. the lure punches our very far let it drop for a second or two then reel medium speed it will keep the lure high in the water and if there eating sand eels off the top you will get them . good luck a very good choice of lures.

View Postthis is a lure that i have done very well over the years. i mostly use the shorty 2.25 oz. i prefer a single hook i tie my own i use a tarpon stainless steel 5/0 or 6/0 most of the time a 6/0 i tie all white with a bit of yellow not yellow bucktail no flash i have caught fish in the 25 pound class many times with this set up .the casts are great the 6/0 does not slow down your distance at all. i like the heavier hook because this lure is a top water lure and with the Heavier hook it lays down a bit more. i think the fish can see it better, keep the lure on top meaning reel in at a good amount of speed when surf fishing the beach. the lure punches our very far let it drop for a second or two then reel medium speed it will keep the lure high in the water and if there eating sand eels off the top you will get them . good luck a very good choice of lures.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif If not bucktail or flash what bit of yellow do you use? The thread?? Hackle??