Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Piscasaurus

Just back from a Maine vacation

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

My wife and I rent a cottage on a small island every year in Maine. Our first year was very much like the weather you had: fog, cold, rain, but we were newly together so being trapped inside worked okay too.

Our second year we pulled in, unloaded and walked down to the front rocks and there was this huge piece of land about a mile out. I asked my wife what it was and she said, "oh that, that's Burnt Island". Nine days there the previous year and I NEVER SAW that island the fog was so thickkooky.gif.

Glad you had a good time, it truly is a beautiful state.

Nice story. I try to remember to bring a camera whenever I go out. But the two biggest fish I've taken in ME were cameraless. Fog and rain were there those days too. It's great to be with a friend when he gets his personal best. Makes your day too.

fished Friday in southern Maine with a friend with no luck, but man the fog was dense. really was very picturesque. great pictures, I enjoyed the story.

That sure is a great blog of your trip , But this year we just call the place Raine . I was down at the boat yard this afternoon and the fella down there was givin free snow shovels if you bought a boat . I told him I'd just wait for spring it's due any day now scuba.gif . Vacation Land /Raine ........ glug

Great to read, I can just smell and feel that breeze and rush of the catch!

I am so badly itching to go again in August, I hope there will still be some action near Camp Ellis/Saco area.