Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsratt

Dri Lock Paint

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Going to be doing my basement walls and possibly the floor.

Is this product sprayable?

Or better do use rollers and large brushes for good coverage?

TIA

It's like pancake batter.I did my cellar walls with it and it helps keep things dry.I used brushes and 2 coats.I didn't do the floor.

It's like a gallon of paint with a quart of sand. Too heavy to spray. Large brushes seem to work the best. Didn't do the floor either, but did one brush width (4-5") along the perimeter to seal the floor-to-wall joint.

Use the water base, the oil odor is unbearable and will linger forever in your whole house. Figure double of what you think you need. Use a wide thick brush, it doesnt spray or roll real well. Doesnt last forever. If you have no water issues use regular concrete paint.

View PostI used a huge roller specially designed for the stuff. It worked pretty well and was faster than brushing.

^^icon14.gificon14.gif

I try to use it right after I have the paint supply house shake it up with their machine too. It applies nicely when thoroughly mixed.

Even those big box stores will put it in the shaker if you ask. I forgot to mention my cousin's tip of using a paint mixer in the drill. Much better than the stick. Thanks for the tip on the roller, will have to look for it.

View Postno water infiltration,just a damp musty old basement.

I'm hoping between the dri-lock,de-humudifier and some cross ventilation,it'll be better.

I would seriously look to another solution first! (can I say "sucks" on here wink.gif )... I guess I'll know in a minute cwm13.gif

Depends first, on what's on the walls now, as to your options. If efflorescence is a problem, then you will have trouble with anything, until you deal with that. If it's not a problem, I would try a sealer first, to prevent moister from coming in... along with the de-humidifier to get rid of what's there. And what is the floor, concrete slab?

Just trying to give you some options, that won't cause you tons more work in the future...