handcarve

Rate this topic

striperri

View PostDoesn't look like it has been used cwm13.gif ??????????

You can't judge a plug by its color. wink.gif

Let the fish vote and let us know.

The fish have spoken, took many fish in a huge crowd throwing flies, chunks, and plugs. No one could fool the fish that night but this HCL - Blueshark took somewhere between 12-15 fish (a few in the 20# range), I got crowded out by folks who thought I was in the magic spot so I eventually got pissed and took off. The striped ones chewed the tail off it but Kevin was nice enough to tie and send me a replacement.

Siskel & Ebert (or is it Roper) give it icon14.gificon14.gif!

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

View PostI dont know if throwing a blueshark into blitzing bluefish is the way to determine if the fish like it or not headscratch.gif but at least ya fish it. Still a sweet looking plug and would like to pick one up.

Who threw it to "blitzing bluefish"confused.gif. I have only started using the sharks this year and so far I have caught dozens of fish and none of those were bluefish and none were blitzing.cwm13.gif

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau

View PostWho threw it to "blitzing bluefish"confused.gif. I have only started used the sharks this year and so far I have caught dozens of fish and none of those were bluefish and none were blitzing.cwm13.gif

I think he is refering to my shark. Yes most of the damage was done by blitzing blues as I stated in another thread but as some members of this site can attest to I have caught quite a few Bass on that plug.

View PostThe fish have spoken, took many fish in a huge crowd throwing flies, chunks, and plugs. No one could fool the fish that night but this HCL - Blueshark took somewhere between 12-15 fish (a few in the 20# range), I got crowded out by folks who thought I was in the magic spot so I eventually got pissed and took off. The striped ones chewed the tail off it but Kevin was nice enough to tie and send me a replacement.

Siskel & Ebert (or is it Roper) give it icon14.gificon14.gif!

I thought the stripe ones go for the head, not the tail..especially the 20#ers.headscratch.gif Are you sure it was the stripe ones and not the yellow eyes?

View PostI thought the stripe ones go for the head, not the tail..especially the 20#ers.headscratch.gif Are you sure it was the stripe ones and not the yellow eyes?

90% of them do but a few hit the tail, still others got the tail impaled in their sides. With a little sloppy plier work on my part after a while the feathers wear out. I'm hoping their eyes weren't yellow as I had my thumb in their mouths and I just checked and I still have both thumbs so I'm pretty sure thems wuz striped bass.

~Henry David Thoreau