Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tauruck

South African conditions.

17 posts in this topic

The annual Sardine run is about to begin and this is somewhat of a saving grace because it's winter and it's the stormy season as far as the ocean goes. Game fish activity is picking up and the "Die Hards" are not getting put off by iffy weather. Keith getting Milked by a fair wave, Calder going up a big one and Gordon on the west coast two days later.525

Tauruck if those are the launches I can just imagine the landings on those rocky beach heads you have over therecwm31.gif do they sell fiberglass resign and touch up paint by the gallon over there?

View PostTauruck if those are the launches I can just imagine the landings on those rocky beach heads you have over therecwm31.gif do they sell fiberglass resign and touch up paint by the gallon over there?

I'm the Carbon/glass guy in the area and I got an email last Monday telling me that the landings were harsh and only 2 guys got out unscathed. 8 damaged, cell phone lost, tackle boxes floating away. Lots of work to repair the glass yaks.biggrin.gif

The guys on the west coast fish more sheltered bays with flat water most times and they have a huge presence of GW sharks (Subs) but on the east coast the Indian ocean is a little nasty. Our beaches slope very steeply in most places and if there is a slight swell the breakers are evil. On the weekend the west coast dudes went out in bigger stuff than they are used to and their boats got damaged. East coast guys are hard core and in the pic my friend Keith took a beating but he did get an 80lb Yellowfin Tuna later in the day on a Halco Sorcerer (red+white). He got the fish into the hatch but it took him 30 minutes to get it out after beaching. He was ready to take the Ski to the manufacturer to cut the hatch apart. I've got a pic of the fish that I'll scan and post. They went out in the heavy stuff because they were entered in a competition and points and prizes took precedence over the weather. To be honest this was extreme weather and they normally would give it a miss.525

Tauruck,

That was Rudolph and his boys, he has a Dorado and one of the other guys has one also were the ones that made it back in unscathed. The other guys I guess are headed to youbiggrin.gif

Mullet,

Do you think your Ocean and my Hurricane are up for the task???cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View PostThat's some crazy ****! Awesome to see you guys going for it, but Great whites...yikes! kooky.gif "Jaws" was on again last night cwm31.gif

You and me both!!! I'm a noob at the paddle Ski fishing and right now I'm incountry building a new version for us older gentlemen that will have us seated a little further away from those Chompersbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif