New Vs

Rate this topic

Reelone

First off thanks for sharing this with us prior to ICAST. Show that you value your costumers and their input.

I have all the current Van Staals reels (Bailed) and ZeeBaas also Bailed to compare to.

You put out the 200 Bailed & 250 Bailed this season. There must be some reasons you plan to manufacture both. Why are they?

Is this New Reel going to have a bailess option?

From what I can see in the pic, the knob uses the same idea that ZeeBass had (metal knob with a band if rubber). ZeeBaas tried it with O Rings where after time in the elements is failed. If I am correct about the way you did it, will the rubber stand up to the test of time from wether and the elemenets?

Weight, what ZeeBass had on your Bailed models was weight. Is this new VanStaal a lighter family of reels? If so will the loss of weight have any effects on it being any less of a tank that Van Staal has been,

Drag. The one thing that ZeeBass got right from the get-go was an awsome, smooth, even drag that was superior to the Van Staal Drag. Bottom line, is this a newley engineerd drag?

I kept my ZeeBaas 25 unserviced after a fall of fishing hard in various areas of Long Island that have a differrent sand consistency. Note, that real never left the beach and was exposed to the elements 24/7.

I would love to buy your new reel and put it through the same rock and sand pounding fishing and see how it holds up and compares,

Good luck with this reel. I hope its a killer.

Tight Lines,

Rob

TBD

CC

View PostFirst off thanks for sharing this with us prior to ICAST. Show that you value your costumers and their input.

I have all the current Van Staals reels (Bailed) and ZeeBaas also Bailed to compare to.

You put out the 200 Bailed & 250 Bailed this season. There must be some reasons you plan to manufacture both. Why are they?

From what I can see in the pic, the knob uses the same idea that ZeeBass had (metal knob with a band if rubber). ZeeBaas tried it with O Rings where after time in the elements is failed. If I am correct about the way you did it, will the rubber stand up to the test of time from wether and the elemenets?

Weight, what ZeeBass had on your Bailed models was weight. Is this new VanStaal a lighter family of reels? If so will the loss of weight have any effects on it being any less of a tank that Van Staal has been,

Drag. The one thing that ZeeBass got right from the get-go was an awsome, smooth, even drag that was superior to the Van Staal Drag. Bottom line, is this a newley engineerd drag?

I kept my ZeeBaas 25 unserviced after a fall of fishing hard in various areas of Long Island that have a differrent sand consistency. Note, that real never left the beach and was exposed to the elements 24/7.

I would love to buy your new reel and put it through the same rock and sand pounding fishing and see how it holds up and compares,

Tight Lines,

Rob

TBD,

I have a VSB 250, and I wanted the similar sized Zee, but could not get one at that time.

Can you tell me what the differences are between the 2 reels drag-wise? I had no issues cranking in the striper in my sig out of the Canal, in full current, and my drag did fine, but I am curious how these reels compare. I'm pretty new to these high end reels. Kinda like learning about high end Compound Bows when I was a rookie. SO much to learn.

I love the look, and feel of the Zee's. I may have to grab one for my kayak rig. (that'll have to be next year.....as I will have to squirrel away for one, lest my wife KILL me, lol.) God, I need a raise, lol.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

View PostFirst off thanks for sharing this with us prior to ICAST. Show that you value your costumers and their input.

Tight Lines,

Rob

Rob, good to have you back...

Chris

I'm on a bridge to a better day...

View PostTBD,

I have a VSB 250, and I wanted the similar sized Zee, but could not get one at that time.

Can you tell me what the differences are between the 2 reels drag-wise? I had no issues cranking in the striper in my sig out of the Canal, in full current, and my drag did fine, but I am curious how these reels compare. I'm pretty new to these high end reels. Kinda like learning about high end Compound Bows when I was a rookie. SO much to learn.

I love the look, and feel of the Zee's. I may have to grab one for my kayak rig. (that'll have to be next year.....as I will have to squirrel away for one, lest my wife KILL me, lol.) God, I need a raise, lol.

The first thing you'll notice on a Z's drag as compared to the VS is There is almost no noticeable start up stickyness.

You'll notice on the hookset, when you almost punch yourself in the nose. With the VS's Ive owned it took a bit to get the spool spinning, not saying it was a problem at all, still has a awesome drag. But the Z is flawless (unless you get sand under the knob, but that was a very simple fix.)

The Z's drag is like that of a high end fly reel, near zero start up inertia.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

View PostIf you fish in a lake with rapalas then your head and the rest of you does not get wet, you don't need a sealed reel, you don't know what is like to fish in the surf at 3:30 in the morning- in a storm with your reel underwater and your opinion is worthless.

The reel you have does not determine the time you go out. Whether its stormy out or not does not determine the reel you own. If he fished a lake but needs to get to a spot, and he needs a reel that can get dunked and have mud and sand deposit on it than yes he needs a sealed reel. BTW who ever said he's never fished a stormy beach in the morning? headscratch.gif Your argument stated that if his reel was underwater with a storm overhead.. Why can't he have his reel underwater in a lake, is it not wet enough?

Your opinion sir is worthless....

SOL Member #9916

View PostThe reel you have does not determine the time you go out. Whether its stormy out or not does not determine the reel you own. If he fished a lake but needs to get to a spot, and he needs a reel that can get dunked and have mud and sand deposit on it than yes he needs a sealed reel. BTW who ever said he's never fished a stormy beach in the morning? headscratch.gif Your argument stated that if his reel was underwater with a storm overhead.. Why can't he have his reel underwater in a lake, is it not wet enough?

Your opinion sir is worthless....

Genius- I was responding to Wet Head's opinion that a Van Staal is a coffee grinder and then he makes fun of us New England Striper fisherman who buy Van Staal reels and Hunter Surf Bags. Obviously he thinks that they are over priced toys that are not necessary and jerks buy them to make a fashion statement.

There is a need for Van Staal reels- there are guys - the top surfcasters in the North East who need a Van Staal Reel and beat the hell out of them in the middle of the night in storms over 200 nights a year, slam them on granite rocks and even Van Staals end up failing. And if they want to wait a year and a half and pay $400 for one of Jimmy's Hunter Surf Bags that will last 10 years instead of one season- then all the power to them.

I do not know what Wet Head has against Van Staal or Hunter Bags but Sean why don't you read the posts in the thread and try to keep up -I guess you are a little slow.

View PostGenius- I was responding to Wet Head's opinion that a Van Staal is a coffee grinder and then he makes fun of us New England Striper fisherman who buy Van Staal reels and Hunter Surf Bags. Obviously he thinks that they are over priced toys that are not necessary and jerks buy them to make a fashion statement.

There is a need for Van Staal reels- there are guys - the top surfcasters in the North East who need a Van Staal Reel and beat the hell out of them in the middle of the night in storms over 200 nights a year, slam them on granite rocks and even Van Staals end up failing. And if they want to wait a year and a half and pay $400 for one of Jimmy's Hunter Surf Bags that will last 10 years instead of one season- then all the power to them.

I do not know what Wet Head has against Van Staal or Hunter Bags but Sean why don't you read the posts in the thread and try to keep up -I guess you are a little slow.

Not slow, just lazy..wink.gif Previous post understood.. icon14.gif

I apologize.

SOL Member #9916

Mine spent a lot of time under water last night, filled up with sand several times when I got hit by a waves and just rinsed out in salt water. Landed a truckload of bruiser blues in the 8-10lb range and bass to 39 inches without a glitch. I might rinse it off, or I might not.

View Post

There is a need for Van Staal reels- there are guys - the top surfcasters in the North East who need a Van Staal Reel and beat the hell out of them in the middle of the night in storms over 200 nights a year, slam them on granite rocks and even Van Staals end up failing.

Ditch,

Read between the lines. It's a wonderful piece of equipment for the purpose it's designed for. Van Staal, with the help of others have people buying them to use for bait on spiked rods.

Does anyone read these posts, or do they just spitting somthing out?

View Post Mine spent a lot of time under water last night, filled up with sand several times when I got hit by a waves and just rinsed out in salt water. Landed a truckload of bruiser blues in the 8-10lb range and bass to 39 inches without a glitch. I might rinse it off, or I might not.

And that is what the reel was engineered to do! Unlike other similarly priced reels that are engineered to pull big, strong, fast fish up from the depths onto a boat deck.

Do you think a Stella could have handled what your VS did last night?

Jon

Bait is for old men and little boys... real men plug.

View PostAnd that is what the reel was engineered to do! Unlike other similarly priced reels that are engineered to pull big, strong, fast fish up from the depths onto a boat deck.

Do you think a Stella could have handled what your VS did last night?

Jon

Except for the underwater part which thankfully is not necessary to catch quality fish in my area, my Stella 4000 has done all that and more.