Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

For Yardguy71 - Shrimp and Scallop Scampi

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

14 tons of fresh peeled garlic, chopped (okay, I use about a head and a half....wink.gif)

A medium to large onion, diced

A red bell pepper, diced

Half stick of butter and some olive oil

Minced fresh cayenne or other hot pepper (or use hot red pepper flake), to taste

Pound of shrimp, peeled (and de-veined if you wish)

Pound of sea or bay scallops

Fresh parsley, chopped

Fresh Basil, torn to pieces

Dry white wine as needed

Small block of rice noodles

Bring a suitable sized pot of water to a boil, and then turn off heat. Drop in the block of rice noodles and let it sit until the scampi is ready, about 15 minutes, so that the noodles rehydrate.

Melt about half the butter in a skillet over medium high heat and add some olive oil to raise the smoke point. Add the hot pepper. Add about half the garlic and sweat it for a few minutes. Add the onions and red bell pepper and rest of the garlic, and sweat that for about 4-5 minutes.

Add the rest of the butter and some more oil (if needed). Turn heat to high. Next step depends on your scallops. If sea scallops, add those and saute for about 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and saute for another two minutes or until just cooked thru. If using bay scallops, add them and the shrimp at the same time. Add black pepper to taste. You shouldn't need salt, but it can be added if necessary. Add the basil, and a bit of white wine to make more sauce.

When heated thru, serve over the drained rice noodles, and top with the chopped parsley. Grated cheese is optional.

Thanks Steve!

The Mrs and I were just reading it , she said (and I quote) "I'm gunna put a hurtin' on that ! "

cwm31.gif

Looks good and I'll be trying it soon.

Just to swap;

I have a recipe for some "Pick-a-pepper-Q Shrimp" your gunna love it.

I'll PM it to you for your use and to post in the forums if you approve.