Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firinne

*Need the boards help

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

My wife has worked for Acme Markets the past 24 years. In fact that is where we met 23 years ago when I worked for Acme at the timeheart.gif .

Anyways the 4000 UFCW members that work for Acme in the Phila., New York, New Jersey region are in jeopardy of being locked out by the owners of Acme Markets-----Minnesota based Supervalu.

The union and the company have been in negations for over a year and a half and the company made a final and best offer that goes in effect this July 10th. The members of UFCW local 1776 voted 95% to refuse that offer.

details are here; http://www.1776contractfacts.org/pdf...%206-16-09.pdf

Acme plans on implementing the new contract this July 10th thus locking out the employees.

I ask that if these hard working members get locked out of work that you please honor their stance and shop else where. Supervalu has plans to fly in many non union management and employees to operate the stores to keep them open. I also ask if you have a moment to write an e-mail or call SuperValu and ask them to return to the negotiation table.

This is a personal matter that affects me and many many friends of mind that I have know from my 15 years of working for Acme Markets.

These are good honest, hard working people that have made Acme Mkts. the top grocery store over the past 100 years.

Supervalu is a known retailer for busting unions and I believe that was their desire to do when they acquire Acme Markets in 2006.

Acme plans on implementing the new contract this July 10th thus locking out the employees.

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...lLatest=y&text=

two things bob:

1) sorry to hear about these problems. i don't have any near me but i hope this works out for your family and friends.

2) you should thank your lucky stars that guy from branford can't respond to this wink.gif

good luck bob icon14.gif

View PostThanks Guys! Not sure what happened to BJ, I've been out of town past few days.

can't read the attachment....what ya need?...a sig or something?

no acme's close...one was a few towns away but went out about 10 years ago or so

View Posttwo things bob:

1) sorry to hear about these problems. i don't have any near me but i hope this works out for your family and friends.

2) you should thank your lucky stars that guy from branford can't respond to this wink.gif

good luck bob icon14.gif

my first thought when reading this

View PostAcme plans on implementing the new contract this July 10th thus locking out the employees.

A paragrapgh from ACME's letter to employees that you provided the link to:

"After July 10, you will still be able to come to work, earn a paycheck and receive benefits. We have no intention of locking you out, even if we implement portions of our last, best and final offer due to the impasse."

confused.gif

View Postif he got out yesterday he'd be back in today cwm27.gif

I'm sure there were a 1/2 dozen posts or threads that would have put him over the edge before this one