Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sparky

waiting for the other shoe to drop

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

So I'm the last guy left in my department, except for bosses. I'm the 1 man band playing my ass off while the Titanic sinks. Things don't look good as our work has now gone to different firms. No big deal, I have contacts and a lead on a good position. Kinda waiting it out, hoping to get laid off so I can paint the house.

But... There have also been some major screw ups. 1 of which I am solely responsible for. And it's become a hanging offense as of late. I was literally up half the night, tossing and turning. I hate being at fault and looking like a boob. This one really has me on the ropes. I know in the long run, it doesn't mean much, but my pride is at stake. The real kicker is that the screw up is a systems fart that I should have caught before I invoiced a project. It was a total fluke, but it could not have come at a worse time.

I've never been fired and it may just happen this time.Things would go a lot easier if I just didn't care.redface.gif

Thanks for listening. Now back to our scheduled stupidity.

it could be worse...you could be the type to lose sleep wondering if MJackson kids are really his kids or not.

Good luck Sparky....working with the feeling the place is falling apart can't be helping you catch mistakes....blame them when they call you in wink.gif

View PostPlus, the suit. Pants or no pants, you still have the suit.

And I would imagine that the suit carries a certain swagger a well.

View PostIf they get rid of me now, they're screwed. So I have that going for me.

That ain't all ya got going.

Do they know that Tim likes ya waaay better?

Do they know Tammy thinks you're cuter than ballz?

You're in the drivers seat, drive it like ya stole it. icon14.gif