Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stryperStalker

wednesday morning (with pics!)

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Decided to take today and tomorrow off to make it a long weekend. Got up around 4 to kick things off with some fishing. Went to one spot and threw eels for a while, but nothing was happening. Decided to fish the beach near my house and got into a few fish, which was a nice surprise, as the place has been dead recently.

Had two fish on with a fancy-pants metal lip, but lost both fish when they jumped. Switched to the SS popper and things got into high gear on the first cast. The fish exploded on the plug, but missed. I let it sit there, doing the dead duck routine, and then twitched it back to life. Second hit, and this time I was able to get her in. Not a huge fish, by any means, but a good looking specimen. Had a few more stripers and then started getting into the blues. Soon enough the bite died off.

Nice! Good to see someone's catchin' something. I was out last night tossin' swimmers and soakin' worms and all I got to show for it was a rather LARGE eel. So, taking that as a cue I switched over to jiggin' hogy's... and still nuttin'. Man is it slow out there. BTW when did we move to Seattle? I'm done with all of this freakin' rain and fog.

were out last and had no luck you were fishing in the wrong placebiggrin.gif

A few hardy souls got into a nice blitz last night after the turn feeding on the massive sand eel population swimming the canalbiggrin.gifwink.gif

View Postwere out last and had no luck you were fishing in the wrong placebiggrin.gif

A few hardy souls got into a nice blitz last night after the turn feeding on the massive sand eel population swimming the canalbiggrin.gifwink.gif

...I have been out lots lately, but last nite I fell asleep on the couch after dinner

oh well cwm13.gif

nice when they hit close to home.

I haven't had top water action since april/may

had a great night slinging eels last week one night. lots of seeweed recently and tried chunking the full moon but no lucks.

I'm going to give the high tide a try tonight, or at least the few hours leading up to it. I've got some dead eels that I want to try and float around and see what's biting. Hopefully this weather that's been plaguing worcester/middlesex county will be long gone by then.

View PostI'm going to give the high tide a try tonight, or at least the few hours leading up to it. I've got some dead eels that I want to try and float around and see what's biting. Hopefully this weather that's been plaguing worcester/middlesex county will be long gone by then.

Had a similar thought but did some plugging around 5-6 had weeds every cast so got some rest.