Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Bad Interviews

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Stupid quesions deserve stupid answers. Seriously, if they are asking questions that make no sense, or have no professional value to them, then you don't want to work for that company. So in that case, you might as well have fun while you're there.

I was once caught off guard by the question 'what do you like to do in your spare time?' to which I blurted out 'smoke pot and play video games'. HR lady got real serious. I started laughing so she'd get the joke. I got hired.

Most of my interviews have been ok - but I once had a phone interview that was a disaster...it sucked to the point to where both me and the interviewer knew where it was heading (in the toilet)

Dude tells me to meet him at a local dive bar around happy hour kooky.gif . I show up a few minutes early but it takes me a bit to find him as the place was pretty busy. Starts lecturing me about punctuality and talkin about how much of a micro manager he is. But the pay is good and the work's easy. He buys me a couple heinekens and I agree to meet up in the morning.

I have trouble with them. If you ask me about something I have trouble with or a flaw I will tell you. Not give a BS answer like " one of my flaws is I work too hard" or "I'm too detail orientated and it often gets me in trouble". Alas these questions and the responses you give do indicate to a person whether or not you have taken to the time to prepare / not wasting their time.

My former boss pissed off some potential sales candidates.

Former company sold various chemical sensing equipment. One of which was a handheld device. Boss would have the instrument (packaged as we sell it) out on the table waiting for the candidate. After they greeted each other he would ask the candidate to place the instrument into operationwink.gif

IF the candidate first instinct was to look for the operator manual then interview moved forward. If not then good byeclapping.gif