Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing in NJ for 6-29-09 through 7-05-09

Rate this topic

156 posts in this topic

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader. Please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Some popular acronyms:

SH- Sandy Hook

NoMoCo- Northern Monmouth County

SoMoCo- Southern Monmouth County

SFZ-Spring Fling Zone (SRI-Shark River Inlet to MI- Manasquan Inlet)

OC Ocean County

IBSP-Island Beach State Park

LBI- Long Beach Island

AC- Atlantic County

CISP- Corson's Inlet State Park

CMC- Cape May County

CMR- Cape May Rips

DB- Delaware Bay

Under bridges at night, got a couple. One had bad sores on both sides and the belly, others I've talked to are catching them with sores as well. cwm13.gif Oops, sorry, should have put this in the last thread, the 28th redface.gif

Decided to take up on a buddy's offer to go out on his boat today. We went to the Shrew Rocks first and Sandy Hook Bay on the way back. Nice day out and the fishing was good. Several fluke but only one keeper at 21", numerous seabass with several keepers, and even got into a brief cocktail blues blitz as they were feasting on schools of rainfish. I used Gulp! minnow grubs and strip bait for the fluke and seabass - my friend got himself a bag of killies but not a single one of them was harmed by me. icon14.gif

The day was cut short when my buddy caught his finger on a hook as he was trying to unhook a short fluke that suddenly started flopping around on him after laying quietly. The barb went in all the way into his index finger so I had to take him to the ER to have a doctor remove it. I haven't spoken to him since I dropped him off so I don't know yet how it went.

Just got done a night of fishing with AKScuba.

Hit multiply spots along Stone Harbor, Avalon, and Townsons Inlet.

2 Bass on soft plastics, one was 23 inch, and another was 15.

Hey 70 degree water temp and 2 bass, ill take it.beers.gif

I got 6 or 7 short fluke last evening off a MoCo rockpile before dark. Actually felt good to have something pull on the other end of my line for once. Was using a chart. SPRO bucktail with a 4" chart. Gulp swimming mullet and another Gulp as a teaser. Even split between the bucktail and the teaser. The biggest, about 16", hit the bucktail.

There were alot of bunker in the surf this morning in the SFZ, didn't seem like they were being chased by anything. Lots of Calico Crabs in the surf now too

had three personal bests last night, got a 46 inch bass on bunker, then landed a 48.5 incher on bunker which is my biggest bass yet, and finally a 45.5 incher crushed my bomber! 45.5 incher weighed in at 32.5 pounds and is a pb on plugs. Both other fish were released!

View Posthad three personal bests last night, got a 46 inch bass on bunker, then landed a 48.5 incher on bunker which is my biggest bass yet, and finally a 45.5 incher crushed my bomber! 45.5 incher weighed in at 32.5 pounds and is a pb on plugs. Both other fish were released!

nice job man!

View Posthad three personal bests last night, got a 46 inch bass on bunker, then landed a 48.5 incher on bunker which is my biggest bass yet, and finally a 45.5 incher crushed my bomber! 45.5 incher weighed in at 32.5 pounds and is a pb on plugs. Both other fish were released!

Boat or beach?

Got out on the boat in RB yesterday PM....had a few Fluke 4lbers. and alot of shorts that went back...had bass on the screen stacked on the bottom at various drop-off locations but no takers. Coctail blues wreaking havoc with spearing in the river with birds working over the schools, we had alot of fun on lite tackle with small Hopkins. All in all a beautiful day to be out.

View PostGot out on the boat in RB yesterday PM....had a few Fluke 4lbers. and alot of shorts that went back...had bass on the screen stacked on the bottom at various drop-off locations but no takers. Coctail blues wreaking havoc with spearing in the river with birds working over the schools, we had alot of fun on lite tackle with small Hopkins. All in all a beautiful day to be out.

So the bass are there but they just aint biting huh? How can you tell that they are bass on the screen? sorry for the ignorance but dont know much about boats

"How can you tell that they are bass on the screen?"

You can never be 100% sure but once you get used to your electronics and if they are good you can pretty much tell by the size and the shape of the mark. Different fish have different shapes because their air bladders are different.

John