2 weeks and counting

Rate this topic

coppertrout

can't wait. if ya see a maine plate come over and say hi.

i do duck and cover when i introduce myself. wink.gif

looking forward to my first jersey bird, makes me feel at home. kinda warm and fuzzy stuff. (last year on the gsp, son says "hey dad that guy just gave you the finger" ahhhhhh i'm home heart.gif

first stop, sliders in toms river. two 30 packs please mmmmmmmmmm with cheese.

View Postcan't wait. if ya see a maine plate come over and say hi.

i do duck and cover when i introduce myself. wink.gif

looking forward to my first jersey bird, makes me feel at home. kinda warm and fuzzy stuff. (last year on the gsp, son says "hey dad that guy just gave you the finger" ahhhhhh i'm home heart.gif

first stop, sliders in toms river. two 30 packs please mmmmmmmmmm with cheese.

Hey, bring me some Moxie! I ran out! I live about 10 minutes from the white castle!

Ryan
19 years and still Proudly Serving!

(member previously known as 'basslover')

View PostHey, bring me some Moxie! I ran out! I live about 10 minutes from the white castle!

srsly?? i'll hit BJ's up for a case..butupck.gif

actually charleston we'll be rolling into town around 4-5am. so we'll hit the WC before jackson. i'll give you a call around 8ish

View Postsrsly?? i'll hit BJ's up for a case..butupck.gif

Nah, don't worry about it. I know how traveling is...you need as much room as possible. I'm going up next month. I'm gonna wipe out the stores! biggrin.gif

Ryan
19 years and still Proudly Serving!

(member previously known as 'basslover')

View PostYour first stop in Joisey will be in the very right lane of the GSP when the Trooper pulls you over and bones you for speeding. They love your plate beatin.gif

are you kidding me, that maine tag gets me out of more scrapes. few years back i was fishing with the wife and kids at the old PP hospital. it was on a saturday. security guy comes over and says it's private property and no parking. i said i didn't know that. he points to the sign i'm parked right in front of and says, you didn't see that??? as i'm closing the back door on the van. he sees my tag and says "oh you're from maine?? i don't work on sundays" icon14.gif

besides it takes me at least a day of driving down their to get my jersey back. just stinks when i get back to maine. your head would explode driving up here, mainers drive 5 under regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

seven streight days of fishing and not a skunk to be seen,biggrin.gif

got to love jersey highfive.gifbeers.gif

our annual wednesday jersey fish fry this year had at the table; flaties, weakies, black bass, ling, skate wings, star gaziers, clams and crabs.

all fish were cooked the same to avoid discrimination. the winner of the best tasting fish was.....drool.gif

take a guess biggrin.gif

View PostStar Gazer?

yeah, and actually it was the best tasting. i googled SW fish id and found a edu site that listed species, food, habitat bla bla bla. well it listed the stargazer and said it was highly edible. and it was absolutely delicious.

i'll be dammed if i can find that site now?

mate said one of the black sea bass i caught was the largest he's ever seen.

oh and skate wings s uck, whoever said they taste like scallops must have eaten skate wings kooky.gif

what the heck happened to all the crabs? all the june rains?