I wonder if Waxman-Markey is a political bunt.

Rate this topic

View PostI think the Republicans will fillibuster the Waxman-Markey bill if there's any indication that it might pass if put to a vote.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a political bunt to drive ObamaCare home.

I don't understand. Why would a filibuster of capandtrade allow healthcare to go through?

if we're looking for a shark we're not gonna find him on the land

View PostI don't understand. Why would a filibuster of capandtrade allow healthcare to go through?

A filibuster must be used very sparingly and the political damage that could result from the "obstructionist" propoganda citing that the republicans used the nuclear option for "the two most important pieces of progressive legislation" proposed would be pretty severe. Both bills may be defeated this way but then they would be a propoganda windfall as martyrs in the name of "hope and change".

In case you didn't notice, you can't ever underestimate the gullibility of the voting populace.

I'm not saying this is exactly how the game is being played. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this has been discussed at length in the political strategist think tanks, though.

View PostA filibuster must be used very sparingly and the political damage that could result from the "obstructionist" propoganda citing that the republicans used the nuclear option for "the two most important pieces of progressive legislation" proposed would be pretty severe. Both bills may be defeated this way but then they would be a propoganda windfall as martyrs in the name of "hope and change".

In case you didn't notice, you can't ever underestimate the gullibility of the voting populace.

I'm not saying this is exactly how the game is being played. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this has been discussed at length in the political strategist think tanks, though.

yes the people are gullible

all they care about is where date night was and how michelle got those arms

but its time for the ******** in dc to do their jobs and do what the people who elected them want them to do...if that means filibuster everything then so be it

View Postyes the people are gullible

all they care about is where date night was and how michelle got those arms

but its time for the ******** in dc to do their jobs and do what the people who elected them want them to do...if that means filibuster everything then so be it

I agree. I was just wondering if this was part of some bigger strategy. The Waxman-Markey Bill on it's own makes no sense at all. It's such a phuktup mountain of crap that I simply can't make sense of this.

Looks like the Minnesota Supreme Court just eliminated the filibuster option.

Balls in dems court. Hell they own the ball and the court now.

Nothing to do now but sit back and watch, kinda like watching a car accident.