Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john f

need fishing report for Robert moses..any activity?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I was planning on taking my 4 kids plus 2 nephews surf fishing tomorrow at Democrat point. It will be my first trip out this year. Is there anything biting out there? If so is it bait or plugs and bucktails? What is happening out there?

Thanks,

John

You're not going to get this sort of information spoon fed to you here. I recommend stopping by Causeway Bait & Tackle, dropping a few bucks and get the skinny from them. It's the old fashioned way. wink.gif

Have fun with the kids! I'm taking my daughter out with a friend on a boat in the W. Sound. Hoping to spot these dolphins everyone is talking about. biggrin.gif

Bring your tackle and bring some bait so you can stake a rod away from the pluggers while you hang with the kids.

That spot is typically not to hot this time of the year, BUT sometimes there are short flurries of small blues. Daybreak till just after sunup is the most reliable times to be there, but it is always a be there and see if something turns up kind of place. This is not one of my guaranteed spots by comparison to many others except for certain times of the year, and this is not it.

Go and have a blast, it is a beautiful spot. Just watch the kids and the edge of the water, as you can be swept off the beach and into the inlet in mere seconds. If this happens, you need to lie back, float and relax till a boat picks you up, unless you are strong enough to swim the distance to the south for a couple of hundred yards and back through the surf to get to the beach.

It is a tough self rescue if the surf is up.

Soak bait east of one of the jones beach fields (away from the swimmers). If in the middle of the day, might want to hunt for crabs at low tide?!

Got this info from a seminar I went to earlier this year. Hope it helps.