Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfflyfish4stripers

Connecticut Outfitters Destroyed by tornado today

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

wao,this is crazy,half of the town still without power,my neighbor across the street have a tree resting on his house,few houses down the tree split the car in half,thanks God nobody was inside.

when i drove by connecticut outfitters really made me feel so sad because Blaine and the Crew put so much hard work in the new store and it was destroyed in minutes.well,all the glass is gone and the stuff by the front of the store was blown all the way to the back of the store.crazy picture.at least they jumped on things right away.

This is texas weather man.mad.gifcwm31.gif

I saw that today, as I was on the Silas Deane, headed home from New Haven. I have never seen a storm like that. I saw a kayak, laying on the outside. I too feel bad for them.

View Posthey what happened down there?

There were severe storm's in the area yesterday. 50-60 mile per hr winds, hail, and super heavy rain. In Wethersfield where Ct. is, there was a blackout as well.

Downed trees, a real mess.

View PostThere were severe storm's in the area yesterday. 50-60 mile per hr winds, hail, and super heavy rain. In Wethersfield where Ct. is, there was a blackout as well.

Downed trees, a real mess.

it was a tornado,not like texas style but it touched ground and went right thru wethersfield,as i was coming from westerly yesterday heading up from rt 2 the sky was like doomsday,scary stuff and wehen i got home my next door neighbor have a monster tree leaning against his house and the one accross from me too.i was blessed that my tree is way bigger maple and didn't loose a branch.but as you drive thru the town you'll see trees pulled from the root and moved feets away from where they were,incredible scene.

I am in Newington also...just got my power back on at 8PM. Was helping out in Wethersfield all last night and today..... some areas are absolutely trashed, huge trees everywhere.

did you see the bent cross on top of Corpus Cristi church? rumor has it that a canoe from Connecticut outfitters hit it.

luckily we had a camera in the car.

it was fun taking our cat to the vets who didn't have power

funny is the fact that on the street i live we hardly got any windheadscratch.gif. it is fortunate that we just took down a dying tree, because knowing my luck that tree would have fallen right on my truck

Dave, glad you were spared any damage. We got the straight line winds here, but just leaves and branches down. Grateful to say the least. But I feel real bad for CT. Outfitters. They had moved into the new bldg. not too long ago.

R

National weather service confirmed this morning that a tornado touched down in town and traveled almost 2 miles before dissipating.