Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmy z

FYI- Ct Outfitters

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

As I was headed home a little while ago. I had to get off 91, it was bumper to bumper. I took 99 no., and as I got into Rocky Hill and Wethersfield there wasn't any power. As I drove past Ct's new digs, I noticed all of the windows were shattered, with News 30 outside.

I doubt if they will be open tomorrow, of Sunday.

I was one of 4 people who were there when the tornado/micro burst hit. Too tired to write the details on the B-Berry (power is still out), but it is something I will never forget. Utter devestation.

CTO will be open tomorrow, despite its looks (and its not pretty). I really don't know how we all came away with only bumps and bruises.

Update: As much as the guys intended to open the shop, there is a lot of red tape they need to go through, so it doesn't look like they'll be open for a day or two.

On a side note, Old Wethersfield was completely devasted by the tornado. Tons of 200 year old trees completely uprooted, houses crushed.....but thankfully, no deaths.

When I get power (which is still out), I'll post some pics of CTO and the neighborhood. Not pretty.

Say some prayers for these poor folks.

I was just leaving hartford when the storm hit. I-91 was almost stopped with all the trees down in the right lane. Hope the ins. covers the windows.

Glad you guys were ok - I commute to & back from Hartford everyday & had to stay on 84W on Friday due to 9 being shut down... ugly situation & could not believe all the trees, branches & hail. Route 8 was no bargain either btw.

Too bad about CT Outfitters... Blaine is a good guy.

Cheers, Manny

Yeah, we got torn up pretty bad but we're still here. It is pretty amazing that none of our guys or customers were hurt. There is a staggering amount of work to be done but we'll get through it biggrin.gif

Here are a few pics I took:

This Kayak was sucked out of the building... The glass was blown 200 feet across the parking lotcwm31.gif

6-26-09storm6a.jpg

6-26-09storm3a.jpg

6-26-09storm1a.jpg

6-26-09storm10a.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, but it's Blaine and Gary (owner) who need everybody's support right now. It's not going to be easy digging out of that mess and even though there is insurance, you have to think about the lost revenue while getting the shop back up and running (not to mention the BS the insurance company will put these guys through - arguing over every dollars worth of damaged goods).

My heart goes out to these guys as they have always treated me like family. The best support they can receive is by guys going in there and spending a couple of bucks.

I sure am glad no one was injured. I wish Gary and Blaine the best in getting thr shop up and running. I think a prayer is in order for you folks.icon14.gif

We got rocked in Wethersfield. It sucks what happened to CT outfitters as the store was finally getting dialed in. They put so much time/work into the move and the new location only to have the store trashed. Glad everyone in the store didn't get hurt.

I have been going to CT Outfitters forever - great group of guys with a lot of knowlege. I am so happy they are in Wethersfield now, although I do miss all the bums/drunks that use to ask me for money as I left the Hartford location.

Like everyone else, I am astounded by the damage and wish them a speedy recovery. CT Outfitters is a quality outfit so this should be a minor setback for them in the long run. It will make for some good stories in the years to come. Good luck!