Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Farrah vs Jacko

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

It seems like there is some lack of understanding (from what I read in a couple of threads and from what I've heard from people around me) to why Michael Jackson's death will almost certainly 'win out' in the media frenzy over Farrah's death. I think a couple of you have even kept track of the number of threads relating to each of their deaths.

In my opinion, the only thing that puts Michael's death higher in the 'interest' column over Farrah's (probably not worded correctly, sorry) is the surprise factor. From what I read over the past few months regarding Farrah is that she was gravely ill and it was only a matter of time - unfortunately. On the other hand, Jackson's death seems to have come out of the blue. Whether he had some pre-existing condition that he opted to keep private is only something he and his family know about...but otherwise, this was almost as shocking, not to mention quick as if he had been shot by someone.

But at the end of the day 1) both had been off at least my radar screen for a long time but 2) were both human beings who lost their life. And regardless of how you felt about them directly, just remember that there are other members of their families who are now suffering because of their loss.

I'll wager you this; there probably aren't very many people who ever 'self-gratified' themselves to a Michael Jackson poster. cwm13.gif

Except, maybe, for folks attracted to Diana Ross. wink.gif

Farrah was hotter than a machine pistol. MJ; I don't think so.

Personally, I never liked MJ's music but I do remember when thriller came out, and it was huge.

I looked down on the whole pop and disco scene, but you can't deny that a LOT of people were into it.

I think I read that it was the biggest selling album of all time.

So, personal preferences aside, you could say MJ was a creative genius (and later, a pathetic freak), and Farrah was just a hottie.

But, I reserve my deepest sorrows for people I actually knew.

well my .02 is that yes michaels was obviously a shocker and unexpected which is of course going to a huge media deal, imho I think that Michael was a much much bigger star than farrah and accomplished more, I think his list of accomplishments is what outshines hers, that coupled with his unexpected demise is why his death with also outshine hers.

and I dont say this to disrespect her in anyway, I think she is a sad loss for many but I just think she had quite the impact as michael did.

View Postwell my .02 is that yes michaels was obviously a shocker and unexpected which is of course going to a huge media deal, imho I think that Michael was a much much bigger star than farrah and accomplished more, I think his list of accomplishments is what outshines hers, that coupled with his unexpected demise is why his death with also outshine hers.

and I dont say this to disrespect her in anyway, I think she is a sad loss for many but I just think she had quite the impact as michael did.

True. Michael accomplished more, but Farah didn't have the negative baggage that Michael Jackson had. Farah was, in my opinion, more likable even if she didn't have the raw genius that Michael Jackson had and applied so efftively to his art.

Farah spent most of her career being overshadowed and so it was in her death, as well.

View PostTrue. Michael accomplished more, but Farah didn't have the negative baggage that Michael Jackson had. Farah was, in my opinion, more likable even if she didn't have the raw genius that Michael Jackson had and applied so efftively to his art.

Farah spent most of her career being overshadowed and so it was in her death, as well.

I agree with that 100%

let's not forget about ed mcmahon also though!

View PostWhen Farrah got to heaven, God granted her one wish. Her wish was that all the children in the world would be safe, so he killed Michael Jackson.

FLOLMAO biggrin.gif

View PostMichael and Farrah were both middle aged white women, except one of them was a child molester.

One could speculate the same about you. Your offensiveness about facts not in evidence might suggest that you are fighting your own demons. Might be a stretch but your not afraid of making unproven assumptions with others so why should anyone pay you anymore consideration than what you give? "go_speedracer_go" seems like a handle of someone interested in things related to young boy's interests, very telling, Hmmmmmm.headscratch.gif

Farrah was a regular on Charlie's Angel's for one season. Michael Jackson had a 20+ year career where he dominated music every time he put out an album.