Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lightj12

Which boot-foot waders?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

With a leak springing, I'm looking to replace my current boot-foot waders (Stearns.) Any suggestions out for a replacement pair? Perfer a boot-foot type for beach fishing.

Thanks.

Simms. In my experience they are expensive but worth every penny. I have one pair that I have used for work, fishing, and hunting for 10 years. No leaks, no problems. I'm beginning to think they will never die.

I'll make that a +4.

In an era where companies make you send waders back to be repaired on your dime, and then may or may not actually fix the problem or ask you to pay for the fix as well as pay to have them shipped back to you.....LL Bean's about as good as it's going to get shy of showing up at your door with a pizza.

+5 on the beans

I picked up a pair this past winter. I love them! had to exchange them at first to get a different size (the boots ran a little larger than my normal shoe size) so far they are as good as everyone says, Im sure there are some that are of higher quality, but these are a great price and the warranty made them a no brainer for me!

Thanks for all the responses; I'm torn between the Bean's & the Snobee's. I like the lug sole on the Snobees but I question the durability of their product; the Emergers look nice, especially for the $. Time to pull the trigger....

View PostThanks for all the responses; I'm torn between the Bean's & the Snobee's. I like the lug sole on the Snobees but I question the durability of their product; the Emergers look nice, especially for the $. Time to pull the trigger....

Here's a little story.

I gained a lot of weight in the past 3 yrs or so just eating like a horse...whatever, whenever. Anyhow, the past 6 mos I have been working out like crazy & eating right. So I dropped quite a bit & leaned out. I recently called Bean cs and told them I need to order a smaller sz of the same waders, nothing more nothing less. She asks "They dont fit right?" So I told her my situation. She says if you would like to place an order now, we can process this right away & you can return the old pair in the box of the new waders & then be credited the price. Mind you, these waders are on their 5th season if I remember correctly...maybe longer.

Imo, thats great CS. The way she handled it promptly & with a great attitude made my day. For that, icon14.gificon14.gif in my book.

View PostIs anybody Gralite fans anymore?

I have a pair of Graylite in near new condition. What do you want for them. smile.gif

LLB probably offers that the best services. They will replace it any time and if you order another pair, they would ship it the same day and only charge it when you receive it. I have had a number of pairs of Orvis, Cabelas and others and none can compare to LLB services.

However, the LLB Emgerer leak just as much as anyone else. I have one lasted about 10 trips and the second pair leaked the first day. I sent them back and got credit for both, even though I want to exchange them. Absolutely incredible services.

I think it's a fact of life that breathable fabrics will leak as the fabric is so flimsy that they just can't hold up repeat abuse from the surf. It is a luck of a draw that one would find a pair that can last an extended period of time.