Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bogey

Fisherman - Second class citizens?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I just got kicked off a spot, across a channel from an amusement park, that had been open to fishing forever and told that the county, they run the park, didn't want the patrons of the park to see me fishing. It would be alright if I moved 1/4 mile down the shore, out of sight.

I know that the problem of inconsiderate fisherman has closed lots of areas to fishing and caused Mamaroneck harbor ( 1/2 mile away) to be closed last year.

I now have three choises of places to fish 1. wait till the last three weeks of Aug. and fish Narragansett (140 miles away) 2. Wait till the first week in Oct. and fish Cape May (also 140 miles away) or wait until March and fish Ft. Lauderdale. (1500 miles away) and next year NY will want me to shell out for a salt water license so I can be counted.

...but they don't mind their kids seeing sex, violence, drugs, and bad language on TV. All this stuff becoming mainstream in the media, and fishing is looked at as inappropriate. I need a time machine.

View PostThis is a bit short of detail for an intelligent comment.

Kicker: Westchester County Police

I had to leave or be arrested, there were no signs posted, was told "they don't want you fishing here"

View PostLocation: Westchester County, NY

Kicker: Westchester County Police

I had to leave or be arrested, there were no signs posted, was told "they don't want you fishing here"

They would have had to arrest me...

Who is "they"

And then, the following night I would be there with 40 other fisherman...

Chris

View PostThey would have had to arrest me...

Who is "they"

And then, the following night I would be there with 40 other fisherman...

Chris

Round up a bunch of homeless guys, rent a bus, give them fishing rods and it'd make for a great news story.

"Take The Homeless Fishing Day" is born.

View PostRound up a bunch of homeless guys, rent a bus, give them fishing rods and it'd make for a great news story.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View PostRound up a bunch of homeless guys, rent a bus, give them fishing rods and it'd make for a great news story.

You've been learning from ACORN, right?

I actually think it's a great idea. But such ideas require people who can really afford a few days in jail and have someone paying the legal fees.

Any radio personalitites that talk about fishing?

The only thing I think about here is when Opie And Anthony took like 500 homeless guys, gave them each $50. They had to use it where they were, and they released them into a VERY pricey, prestigious mall.

Maybe something like that? I know that that is more of a publicity stunt, but that's what these radio personalities live for. And they would have all the stations money/lawyers to fight it. And while it would be kinda selling your soul to the devil, it would get our point across.

View Post...but they don't mind their kids seeing sex, violence, drugs, and bad language on TV. All this stuff becoming mainstream in the media, and fishing is looked at as inappropriate. I need a time machine.

That is the best quote I've seen online in a long time.icon14.gif

Actually, I have to agree - I'd want to see law enforcement first. I'd want to hear from a police officer why I didn't have the rights to stand there and fish.

Not that I'd be thrilled to hear it from a cop, but at least I'd know someone with legitimate authority was telling me to beat it, not some night manager of an amusement park.

That place is a zoo, and all the patrons need to see is someone walk off with a fish to make it even worse. Sad to say it, I never agree with loosing access, but it'll turn into a much bigger ****e-hole than it already is, which is hard to imagine.

There were guys fishing M harbor with pieces of wood and rope with treble hooks over some silly blues. Talk travels around town fast. It's bad to even post here about it.beatin.gif