Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkL

Quality Plug Bag/Surf Bag Poll - What do you use?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Looking for a new surf bag for smaller plugs (Bombers, stubby needles, small danny's and poppers). I want more smaller diameter square tubes instead of the typical 10 2 inchers. Any thoughts? Which brand would rate as most durable?

Since I made the decision to go smaller this year the Shimano BlueWave bag has been fantastic. The tubes have dividers in them so you can have something larger in there in addition to smaller plugs.

View PostSince I made the decision to go smaller this year the Shimano BlueWave bag has been fantastic. The tubes have dividers in them so you can have something larger in there in addition to smaller plugs.

yup - I agree ! icon14.gif

Surfcaster bag

I've had it about 20 years now. No rips, no loose stiches, no problem at all. You can get large tubes or smaller tubes. You can even get one large and one small tube.

I make my own. I pick up an inexpensive bag, head to The Home Depot, get a length of PVC downspout, and epoxy the tubes to a semi rigid plastic base, as well as together. I've been doing this for years.smile.gif

I have four like this, one larger, and two smaller.

AS Single row. Has been good overall. I'd buy another. It does like to get plug hooks stuck in it though frown.gif . Wish they would change the material somehow to solve that problem.

I have the surfcaster 2 row bag and an AS small tall. The material on the Surfcaster bag doesn't have a rip or tear after about 10 years of use. I recently had Velcro sewn on the front flap for $5 as the clasp was going. I very rarely get a hook through the material. I've taken to spreading Aqua seal on the inside and edges of AS bag to toughen up the material to hopefully get fewer hooks stuck in it. I like the design of the AS bags. The design of the AS bags w/the surfcaster material at the price of the surfcaster bags is what I'm waiting for.

This is my first year with the AS Hunter Elite...came with both single row of four 3" round tubes and 12-2" square tubes, so I change back and forth depending on when/where and plugs I am using. GREAT bag, built like a tank...I know it will be my bag for a very long time.

I had a 2-row Surfcaster bag for many years, also very durable and at a great price. It is now my back-up bag.