Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john002

waders

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

LL Bean Emerger bootfoot is what I've got. Been happy with them. They have a good warranty too. That's important because they will all leak at some point.

All waders leak all waders suck sooner or later. I went with Bean a couple years ago just to get the cool guy returns in case a pair starts leaking right off the bat.

The 750 dollar Simms last a lot longer than others, but they suck when you have to plop down 750 bucks.

View Post

The 750 dollar Simms last a lot longer than others, but they suck when you have to plop down 750 bucks.

I wint the cheap road on my waders I wint to cabelas in the bargan cave and bought mine for $25, Yes I know a bedder pair some day but for now the $25 dolor waders are all I need thay ceap me dry and dont leak yeat, and the why I look at it I can replace them many time befor I get any were close to $750

View Postget them while they're stiil in the country (they're moving back to england)

use some of those tackle -somethin somethin websites

Might not be the best idea to buy waders from a company that won't be here soon. Just sayin'smile.gif

All waders leak all waders suck sooner or later.

I disagree with that- the goretex emersion membrane as well as other proprietary membranes...(read: not teflon coatings or water proof paints, and other treatments. )

The better manufactures, along with advanced seam welding and construction are totally water proof, durable and Breathable.

I use the cloudveil 8X model but simms and a few others are superior in being waterproof, breathable, triple & quad reinforced in the knee, butt and high abrasion areas and very light wieght, reticulated knees-easy to trek in. they also fit nice where there is not a lot of baggy material.

My opinion and experience.....

thanks guys for the info, this gives me a starting point. as far as the $750 pair i think its funny how people always talk about the highest end stuff they can but how many people on here really have it......here in the real world $100 pair will do the same.. keep me drybeers.gif

You sure beans will warraty an old worn out pair of waders? I know for a fact they won't warranty their hunting boots. Footwear is funny with them. you buy them and they leak after a few days on the water and I believe they'd honor them, but a couple seasons, ??

View Postthanks guys for the info, this gives me a starting point. as far as the $750 pair i think its funny how people always talk about the highest end stuff they can but how many people on here really have it......here in the real world $100 pair will do the same.. keep me drybeers.gif

Go out west and ask a couple mountain trout guides. They are in them 4 days a week for 10 hours at a time and they last for 5 years. They are the real deal.

I had a pair of waders from LL Bean that were 8 years old and leaked badly. I brought them back and they exchanged them without any problems. The guy behind the counter even said the particular style I had was known to have issues with leaking.

BTW Bean's also sells Simms and the warrantee is good on them as well.