Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

O Rings for Clemens/Renzetti lathe

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

HEre is a post form CAptain Neil on another forum:

use the red rings, -132 25/pk silicone 70 orings, as they do not leave black rings on white blanks as the black rubber rings do. I order them for MSC Industrial Supply, 1-800-645-7270, catalog # 02047710. It costs about $9 for a bag of 25.

Size #132 is the size that works. #133 and #134 were too large. I hope this helps those looking to replace their O rings on the rod support asms.

UPDATE on 12-12-8

I think I finally have the correct size O rings!!! I am using #130 now and they work fine. This size will strectch over the wheels and not bunch up with a load on.

I tried ordering from MSC, 1 $9 pack of 25 O rings cost $13 to ship. lol, if the pack cost $20 and $5 to ship I'd feel better abotu ordering them, I just can't get raped on shipping anymore. SO, des anyone have a source for o rings that fit (don't tell me a hardware store or Lowe's, I've looked and looked and none of them have them that fit). I can order from Renzetti but they aren't priced right either.

If anyone needs O rings and would like to combine orders for the REd silicone rings which Im pretty sure will last a lot longer than teh crappy black ones - let me know and I'll put the order it and charge you 44 cents extra to stick the rings in an envelope and mail them to you,.

I need to order carbide inserts from MSC for my wood lathe.

I will order these with my order.

I will put the order in today.

B40, If you want some, just let me know and I will put them in my order.

Billy, if youre talking about the O rings that go around the rod supports, Ill order a pack too and split shipping with ya. I have 4 rod supports. I just got an order from renzetti and they are sooo over priced... let me know..

BC

Put me down for 2 packs as well...

I have just 4 black spares left and I have 8 on the lathe that are cracked and ready to fail.

J

I get the black ones at true value Hardware store right down the road. ( 52 cents each perfect fit) I never noticed any black marks but then again I can't remember doing a blank painted white. I think maybe the skid marks would come if the rings get the cracks and hang up instead of rolling. I may be wrong but I mever see them.

There is an MSC right down the road also so if all these plans fall through , let me know.

Now , what about somewhere to get the drive belts for the Clemens Lathes? Anybody got a cheap replacement for them?

View PostI get the black ones at true value Hardware store right down the road. ( 52 cents each perfect fit) I never noticed any black marks but then again I can't remember doing a blank painted white. I think maybe the skid marks would come if the rings get the cracks and hang up instead of rolling. I may be wrong but I mever see them.

There is an MSC right down the road also so if all these plans fall through , let me know.

Now , what about somewhere to get the drive belts for the Clemens Lathes? Anybody got a cheap replacement for them?

I looked at the big box stores for them and came up empty. Turns out my local Ace Hardware has them for about 0.50 a pop. I can look up the model number later tonight if needed.

Funny I have spent the past few days looking for a replacement belt as mine just broke. Renzetti sells them for about $12, but the shipping was quoted as another $10 through their online ordering system. After some searching of the various boards I came away with the Gates® 3M500 Polyflex Belt as a replacement. Google Gates and you might be able to find a local supplier. I found one close to my house and going to stop by later this afternoon to see if they have them. I think they rund about $6. I will let you know how well they fit.

Now if someone knows where to find an extra bed, I would be very appreciative. Someone is selling some parts through ebay (maybe Dick), but they didn't have any. I believe the Renzetti beds are similiar but just a little wider. I should have picked one up a few years ago while they were still around.

Be careful with the silicone red rings, they will contaminate some rods with the silicone and cause finish problems, some people never have problems with them, others have a nightmare that is why the black rings were use by me. the correct size is a 91.

The belt for the Clemens is a Gates 3M365, I am out of them. They are available from Royal Supply.com. Don't know what the shipping charge is but the sell price is reasonable. I see on their web site they take plastic

View PostBe careful with the silicone red rings, they will contaminate some rods with the silicone and cause finish problems,

First off, thanks to Woodbuster who PM'd me and offered to help me out and tack this onto his order. I didn't epect so many people to need these, so I'll just be ordering myself and sending them to everyone who's asked.

OK, I'm not gonig to be dealing with the Red ones, eff that. I didn't even think about that, but that is the last thing I need to worry about.

BC - 2 packs (double lifetime supply, lol)

Paul - 1 pack

Seawolf - 1 pack

JAy R - 2 packs

Suds - 1 pack

I'm going to wait another day or 2 before I order, giving a few others some time to see this and get in on it.

Thanks for the info Dick.

Royal wants $6.50 for the belts but they charge just under $11 for shipping.

I'll scout around for a local place that has the Gates 3M/365. That's essentially a 1/8 inch by 14.25 inch v belt.

Right now I have a belt that's like new and I have a big O ring that actually works for a backup but I think its wise for $6.50 to keep a spare belt around just in case.

Thanks Dick but it looks like I went out a little too soon to look for the belts. The two local suppliers that i checked with today didn't have them in stock but one offered to get them for me. Ordered two of the 3M500s instead of the 3M365s. Only $6 a piece so I will see how they work. My guess is that they are just a little bit longer.